Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my first bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mac_the_sac, Oct 16, 2002.

1. I got home from school to day and my new bass was waiting there for me. MTD Kingston 5 string. It was hard to do all my homework before playing it. Unfortunately my amp hasn't arrived in the mail yet so I can't here it. I'll try to use my friends digital camera to get a picture soon.

2. Sweet bass! Gets a lot of praise around here. Have fun and screw homework!!!

3. Woooohooooo!!!

Right on Mr.Mac! :)

I have yet to get a 5er,but the MTD is probably the one I will end up with when I do.I hear nothing but praise about them. Kinda wish I would have started on a 5 string but.....all water under the bridge I guess. :p

Congrats on the new bass brother!

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Great bass to start up with!! Im sure you will be a great 5 string player.. i wished I started on a 5 as well.. but oh well.. Started on a Squier P Bass :)

DM

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    congrats, man!!! glad it arrived safely-
    i looked it over and it was sweet!! im amazed at how well these play and sound- thanks and enjoy !!- peace, A.

6. wow, i was looking at some info on it and ide really wish i had got that one to start on instead of this one.. i wouldnt have to upgrade once i get better thats why :D Very cool bass bro

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    GREAT!! enjoy the bass!!!

8. Congrats man on the MTD.

A WORD OF ADVICE: Take it to your local guitar shop and have a luthier take a look at it for things that you might have not noticed. A luthier can point out things that you may not notice about your bass. You can then confirm the quality of your bass.

-insighted

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yeah, because MTDs usually have alot of quality issues.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Peace
    Nick