1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got my fretless today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SSINTENSE, May 11, 2010.

1. SSINTENSE

SSINTENSE

Jun 6, 2005
    It's a cheap ibanez sf300, but I love that fretless tone. It feels much more free playing with no frets and having that smooth slide.

After testing my intonation for a couple of hours I decided to play along with A Remark you Made. It was refreshing actually playing that track with a fretless rather than a fretted like I have been (though the part where Jaco plays the double stop octave at the 22 and 24th fret is tricky to intonate properly).

I've always been in the habit of playing near the fret, and surprisingly I knew instantly when my notes are out of tune and can adapt. It's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

2. queevil

queevil

Aug 6, 2009
    Waco,TX
    Welcome to a whole new world of ever expanding musical horizons. What strings are you thinking about for it? I only ask because most people are never satisfied with the string that come with a bass.