1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got my GF a PINK SX P-Bass!!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Apr 13, 2009.

1. First, I am amazed at the quality for the amount spent. I did have to shield the PUP cavity and intonate it, but that's all!

I first put on a spare Gotoh 201 bridge and the string spacing was a little to much (it's a 3/4 30" scale) and it did not sound as good as the stock plate bridge.

That brought me to order a Hipshot Bent Plate bridge for my own Jazz. If I like it better, I am going to get rid of the BadassII that I just "had to have"

I also heard a player with a vintage P-bass (tele style)-- year?, but it sounded excellent and it too had a plate bridge.

Man, I'm really digging this new "Vintage world" and not playing my other modern bass hardly at all.......

2. Pics or it didn't happen. :D

3. I forgot! She can play "Smoke On The Water"...

4. That bass fits her really well. Cute girl.

5. Nice! I've been wondering about the quality of these basses. She looks good with it . :)

6. TheGrizz

TheGrizz

Nov 19, 2007
    Athol, MA
    Sponsored Artist: Free Idea Clothing
    I wish I could get on of those with a 34" scale. That would be rad as heck. Greetings from Athol!

7. Thanks Guys! I ordered it at 5 in the morning and it got here by 3 the next day! Rondo music is right at a fedex hub, so they just had to put it on a truck. You should not be disappointed...!!:bassist:

http://www.rondomusic.com/bassguitars4-ss3.html

8. I put the bent plate on tonight. Can't really tell any difference yet. I am using DR Flats and they sound real thuddy anyway. The E string is wrapping around the post where it did not with the Badass II. No real problem there.