Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my ibanez btb505tkf today..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeffrey A-Bomb, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I just got an ibanez btb505tkf bass and it's SWEET! It's brand new and cost only $449 on ebay. It's one of the best 5 strings under a grand I think I've played. It has an ash body with a black finish that lets the wood grains show through. The tone is extremely deep, yet pleasantly bright and clear. Two thumbs up :D

2. Sounds like a winner! I really dig that series of btb's (don't like the 400 series much). I am really considering getting the BTB 5 that has the Barts in it-think it is the 515 or something. Really nice bass, just the one I played the neck was all gunked up and the electronics seemed noisy when I cranked the treble (might have been bad cable) really liked the feel though, and loved the wide neck.

jtbp

3. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    The treble does hiss a bit, but not too badly. I seem to get little more hiss when i crank some of the high mids. The tone is so good that it doesn't bother me though :) The note clarity and focus are amazing and the b-string seems just as tight as e.

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    You forgot the mandatory pic rule!

5. VinnyP666

VinnyP666

Aug 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    I have the btb 405 qm and I like it a lot , Ive played the 505 and they both sound great , , however the 505 wasnt for me