Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got my l2000 out of layaway

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Sep 27, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Alright. I woke up this morning, shaking every seccond that went by. I knew at 10 o'clock, I could walk into Guitar Center and pick up a 1981 G&L L2000E with Natural finish and rosewood board for $449. I too her home and plugged her into my Traynor BassMate 10 for a test run. I'm toggling switches like crazy. I didn't expect much from my amp since it is a practice amp. I put on my straplocks, and goto work. I got home an hour ago, played a few more minutes on my Traynor, then went into the garge and dragged my Peavey and SWR upstairs to my room and plugged in the L2000. I've got chills. I instantly had the best slap tone I've ever heard. I toggle switches, slap, pick, for minutes. I couldn't put it down. Wow. I'm pinching myself. I can't believe I have this thing.

~Patrick

2. BassDodger

BassDodger Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    Welcome to G&L land! What you are experiancing is the love of bass guitar- all over again! Keep playing with those toggle switches, you're gonna find ALL kinds of tones! Want to chat with other G&L players for advise and hints? Go to www.thedudepit.com and look in the G&L forum. There you will find not only a tight-knit community, but some of the nicest guys around.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    The funny thing is I first heard about the L-2000 from my friend last year, and I was a bit skeptical of it, thinking the Stingray is the absolute best bass. I still adore the Stingray, but I'm a now a believer in G&L. As irony would have the, my friend got stuck with a Fender MIA P-bass he got a deal on for $450, and then I found his dream bass, an L-2000, for the same price. No doubt he is gonna try to convince me to trade.

~Patrick

4. congrats........I love my G&L and I can't see why no one else can't love 'em....they sound absolutely amazing!