got my l2000 out of layaway

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Sep 27, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Alright. I woke up this morning, shaking every seccond that went by. I knew at 10 o'clock, I could walk into Guitar Center and pick up a 1981 G&L L2000E with Natural finish and rosewood board for $449. I too her home and plugged her into my Traynor BassMate 10 for a test run. I'm toggling switches like crazy. I didn't expect much from my amp since it is a practice amp. I put on my straplocks, and goto work. I got home an hour ago, played a few more minutes on my Traynor, then went into the garge and dragged my Peavey and SWR upstairs to my room and plugged in the L2000. I've got chills. I instantly had the best slap tone I've ever heard. I toggle switches, slap, pick, for minutes. I couldn't put it down. Wow. I'm pinching myself. I can't believe I have this thing.

~Patrick

2. BassDodger

BassDodger Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    Welcome to G&L land! What you are experiancing is the love of bass guitar- all over again! Keep playing with those toggle switches, you're gonna find ALL kinds of tones! Want to chat with other G&L players for advise and hints? Go to www.thedudepit.com and look in the G&L forum. There you will find not only a tight-knit community, but some of the nicest guys around.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    The funny thing is I first heard about the L-2000 from my friend last year, and I was a bit skeptical of it, thinking the Stingray is the absolute best bass. I still adore the Stingray, but I'm a now a believer in G&L. As irony would have the, my friend got stuck with a Fender MIA P-bass he got a deal on for $450, and then I found his dream bass, an L-2000, for the same price. No doubt he is gonna try to convince me to trade.

~Patrick

4. congrats........I love my G&L and I can't see why no one else can't love 'em....they sound absolutely amazing!