Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got my lakland back with the upgraded preamp!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, May 4, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    My Skyline 55-01 arrived here this week after having the preamp upgrade installed in the bass... WOW! I am amazed at how good this thing sounds! So much better than the original preamp in the 55-01, cleaner, smoother... I just can't get over it! I will definately be looking into a 55-02 as well since it has the same preamp! Good stuff, for all you that have picked up the 55-01's, check into getting the preamp upgraded!

P@

2. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Neato mesquito, Mr. Man.

3. Sounds awesome, fellow KC-area TBer! :)

I'm up in the air right now between a Skyline 55-02, a used USA Lakland, or a used Sadowsky. Either that, or I'm going to give up on bass and use my money for something constructive!

Anyway, enjoy your bass!

4. Da5id HeX said...

I'm up in the air right now between a Skyline 55-02, a used USA Lakland, or a used Sadowsky. Either that, or I'm going to give up on bass and use my money for something constructive!

There are a couple of TBers who are Lakland dealers - Gard or Adrian Garcia might be able to help (anyone I missed, please forgive me).

Steve Barr has a couple of 55-02s on eBay right now and the price is right if that's what you're looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=866939515

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=866940928

If you're looking for a used 55-94 there's one in the Harmony Central classifieds but for $1850 it ought to be nice - 55-94 resale value seems to drop to about $1500 the first time you open the case - not a bad thing for people buying gently used instruments :)

5. Thanks Alan! Yeah, I've seen some pretty good deals on used USA Laklands. However, I think it's fairly probable I'll either go for a new 55-02 or look for a used Sadowsky. I've already been in contact with both Gard and Adrian, so now I just have to decide what I want to do and sell some gear to free up money!

Basically, that's my way of saying that before too long, the "For Sale" section is going to be inundated by quite a bit of my used gear. :D

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    hey there, any sneak peeks on gear that you might be getting rid of? hmmmmm? I'm always a sucker for some new gear... :D

P@

7. Well, I don't have any pictures yet (that's the primary reason why it's not all up in the For Sale section yet).

I'm getting rid of a ton of stuff (so here's the sneak peek):
    - Warwick LX-6 fretless with Basslines -- asking probably $900 or so
    - Cort Active 5-string (may have a buyer -- selling it really cheap)
    - Washburn RB4000 4-string (will be selling this one fairly cheap as well) -- asking about $300 or so
    - Spector NS5CRFM in Black Cherry -- asking probably $1000 or so
    - G&L L-2500 Natural/Maple -- asking about $700 or so
    - Stingray 5 Black/Maple -- asking about $700 or so. This bass isn't in excellent condition, but it's still pretty good (tuning keys rattle but work fine, one minor chip in the finish, and some buckle rash). Someone's got dibs on this one if I decide to sell it for sure, so I'll have to see if he wants it first.

I figure if I can sell all of that gear, I should have enough for a new Sadowsky or a used Sadowsky and a Lakland 55-02... Of course, whether or not I can get my asking prices (and whether or not a few of those will even sell) is another story altogether!

Do you still work at MF, Pat? Once this semester of school is over (2 weeks) I'll be back in the KC area again, and I'll definitely stop by and say hello if you're still there. I've got a buddy that wants to check out some basses, and we keep saying we're going to check that place out.

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    yeah, I am still at MF.... you'll have to let me know when you'll be around and I can say hello! I actually work in the warehouse that's attached to the retail store, but I can make my way around during lunch! :D

P@

9. Cool! I'll definitely let you know when I plan on stopping by.