Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got My Lakland

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hoodadoo, Mar 29, 2005.

1. I am a happy camper. My 2003 (1st year) Darryl Jones signature Lakland bass arrived today. It is the pearl white finish model, with the pearl white/black sparkle pickguard, maple neck. The condition is an absolute 10, pristine. It came with a set of high-end Labella Flat wound Deep Talkin' Bass strings, medium gauge. I'm going to change out the strings probably to Smith medium round wounds, and set the action a little higher. With the flat wounds on it the action is set a little too low for me. For now I'll be playing it through my Ampeg 250 Porta Bass, or my 68' B-15.

2. Pictures man....we need pictures. TV has killed what little imagination our society has left. Really though it sounds like a winner.

3. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Is that the one that was on eBay? I saw it, and was blown away by how gorgeous it is. Just stunning. I was so impressed that I e-mailed the link to one of my music buddies, who's not very into bass. If I didn't already have a great J, I may have gone for it myself!

Congrats!

4. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

:D

Love your signature. As a former rugby player (3 years), does that make me a former badass? :ninja: :p

5. Nedmundo, yes, it was the one on eBay. I was very surprised there wasn't a lot of last minute bidding on it. I had a gig that night and placed a 775.00 bid that showed the reserve, which was 750.00. Because I knew I wasn't going to be home I padded my bid. When I checked when I got home, expecting to see a bunch of bids...there were no other bids after me. I think for the 775.00 I landed a great deal for this bass. A bassist friend of mine bought the black finish model from Juniors Music in Clinton, Ct for 1100.00+

Pictures: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=7308650081&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Damn, that's nice! Why would anyone want to get rid of that? Good for you!!

7. I hope so. I played rugby for three years also. (insert tough-guy smilie)

8. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Nicely done, it's gorgeous and the price is right. I'll bet it sounds pretty nice through your amps, too.

9. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Wow that is an amazing looking bass. I can't wait to get my Lakland :bassist:

10. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    I tried the 5-String version - a awesome bass - Congrats :)