Got my license

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by chips, May 25, 2004.

1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! :hyper:
    freedom, it is so good.... i am so happy... finally, no more asking for lifts to go somewhere.... im stoked :p except for the price of petrol :meh:
  2. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Now,just stay on your side of the road,and we'll be safe. :D Congrats. -Luke
  3. Congrats on your license, chips!!!!

chips - isn't that some sort of Australian slang for cigarettes or something? :confused:

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I got my license a year ago, and I haven't had a car. and I've been living in boston where I don't need a car, but now I'm home for hte summer, and I still don't have a car! grr
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I made the mistake of not saving up for a car until now....I just started saving up..dont have a job yet so its slow money. I am getting a job over the summer and hopefully by then ill be at least 1/2 of the way there. I have only $230 in the 'car' fund. Probably wont end up getting my liscence for another year anyway, not sure what the rules are about how soon after your permit can you get a liscence, and its different everywhere basically. Basicaly i want a 2 door hatchback as a first car. Any VW golf or GTI, or maybe a used Ford Focus hatchback, or civic hatchback is fine by me.
  6. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Oh, I hope Quak Quak doesn't wander into this thread....................

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:
  7. make sure you have insurance...
  8. Cheeers....

and umm... i don't think chips is australian for cigarettes... I got it because i had some.... drinks on new years eve once and kept explaining to my friends every 5 minutes just how good the chips were ;) rippin....

Rock out
    Chips :bassist:
  9. Congrats! Just make sure that you're not another teenage statistic. When you're driving, remember that tickets and accidents cost you lots of money. If you want those Stingrays, drive smart and you shouldn't have too much to worry about. Keep it safe.

10. Yeah i got my liscence about 5 months ago, and I have found to be a heck of a lot more careful on slippery conditions (ice, snow, water-just in case you never go outside ;) )
  11. yeah the last time it rained i figured out why they say to turn into the skid and not
  12. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    congrads on license... i sooo wish i was in AU... you guys have some great cars... more then i can say for US... we dont get great cars... we got soccer mom suberbans.... only great car we get is bmws:(

I mean can you believe they have fords that dont brake down every 5 feet???????? (according to bud of my who lives there:p )

I really like the car choice you guys have there... i am into rwd/powercars/with seating for 4-5 people/confy US dont get many of those:(

Have fun/be safe

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrads on your achivement, enjoy the freedom. :)
  14. man, there are plenty of kick ass cars in the US, we aren't all soccer moms (for yall in the AU, soccer moms are basically bitches turned super protective mothers that will stop at no end to cause the destruction of you if you hurt their 'baby', thus their forcing their children to play soccer because it is soo safe....bunch of pussies) anyways, i mean we got great cars like ...uhhh...BMW convertible..uhh...oh yeah old Mustangs are the pimp....ok maybe you're right
  15. Don't worry - soccer mums are making an invasion over here too... :rollno:

16. yesh, it is very sad, my step mum takes soccer-mum-ness to the next level... its like.... ballerina mum almost... in the safety manner and stuff :crying: but im the evil step son who wont let her in :smug: nyuck nyuck nyuck

17. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i have a shirt which says "listen to black sabbath"

i added "or die" in glitter paint.