1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got my light weight rig together.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GreyBeard, Sep 29, 2008.

1. I've been playing a svp-pro->qsc1202->whappo jr for about 3 yrs now. The jr is in a road case and together it weighs around 150 lbs. Joe and I can horse it around ok but once in a while I have to deal with myself. I'm getting too old to horse around a 150lb cab so, I sold my Harley (which I've been trying to do all summer) and bought a Epifani UL310. I've been playing it in the shed with the svp-plx and it will more than do the job. It isn't quite as loud as the whappo but I like the tone just as well. Today a nib Shuttle 6.0 I got off ebay (terrific price) arrived and I hooked it up as well. The Shuttle is rated at 600 watts at 4 ohms and the qsc 1200 at 4 ohms. Believe it or not the Shuttle holds its' own against the pre-power amp setup. The tone is a bit glassier but thump for thump the Shuttle holds up really well. The combination of Shuttle 6.0->UL310 is KILLER.:):hyper::bassist::bassist:

2. Nice!!! I have a feeling that tight voicing of the Shuttle works great with the big low end of the 310UL. That's a wonderful, small, light but loud rig. That Shuttle bass control seems to be just in the right place for that cab. Congrats!!!!!

3. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Cool.

Enjoy. I'm sure it's easier on the Back.

Gig reports please?:bassist:

4. Spent some more time with it tonight. I plugged the svp into the fx return of the shuttle. It sounded just like the svp-plx setup so the voicing definately comes from the Shuttle pre-amp.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    this has been my rig for the past two months, and i love it to pieces!

the shuttle doesnt have the whumping authority of my epifani 902 (what does?), but its quite nice showing up to the venue with just my gig bag, shuttle in the front gig bag pocket, and my ul310.

6. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    I play a Shuttle 6.0 through a UL2-410 and love it. The voicing of that Shuttle 6.0 works beautifully with those Epifani cabs. Enjoy your new rig. :bassist: