1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got my Little Mark III brand new from GC for $350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LouieV2, Jan 24, 2012.

1. LouieV2

LouieV2

Jan 9, 2011
    Boston, MA
    There was a little mark II used on the GC website for 350 (15% off brought it down to 300, 340 w/ shipping and taxes), only it wouldnt let me buy it because someone had already bought in in-store..
    Anyways, I call guitar center at this point, the representive explains to me it had been bought out, and asked if I'm interested in anything else, because the LMII were no longer in production.

Joking, I say.. "well, if you can get me the Little Mark III for the same price as that used LMII, I'm interested."

She says, "I doubt I can get it that low, but let me try."
    "Oh wow. The computer allowed me to bring it down to almost the same price. I've removed shipping fees and after the 15% off any single item sale, your total is $353. How would you like to pay?"

I just came home to this little beast in a small package and I am BLOWN AWAY by it (I'm running it into an SVT410HLF). I used to use a sansamp RBI plugged into the power amp section of an Ampeg B2Re and sold them to pay for it.. and it was well worth it.

1/5 of the weight of my old rack, (the b2re/sansamp), 1/4 of the size, much simpler, with no sacrifice in tone. Life is good.

Hopefully my accidental "talking guitar center down" story can help some of you guys get some sweet deals.

PS: I'm new to the forum and just became a donating member today (even thought I made the account a year ago and never used it until now), so.. hey everyone!

Attached Files:

2. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Congrats on the score--you'll dig that amp even more now with that price.

3. LouieV2

LouieV2

Jan 9, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Thanks. Havnt gotten a chance to crank it yet because its late (or early?) But its tonally rich, at least from what I heard at low volume. We'll see tomorrow morning.

4. Mastermold

These are great little amps, low volume or high they get really nice tone IMO.

5. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    Big congrats there, pal. It is a great amp. You will love it when you turn it up! Looks cute with the sticker still on. I played several gigs before I took the sticker off mine, heh, heh.

6. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    That's awesome! I had a LMII for a while that I really liked, I never go a bad sound out of it.

7. Mastermold

I just noticed you're running it through an Ampeg 410HLF. I've used that combo many times, great pairing and great tone.

8. What a deal - I paid a lot more for mine recently... :(

9. LouieV2

LouieV2

Jan 9, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Yeah haha, it sounds great. Im actually toying around with it right now.

10. LouieV2

LouieV2

Jan 9, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Its ok, im pretty cheap.. I dont ever buy any musical equipment unless I get it for somewhere around half price :p