Got my Mod badge

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Just wanted to make a quick post thanking Paul.....after a long while of wanting a spot on the TB mod panel, he finally found me a position in the recording gear forum. It's a slow suburb of TB, but none the less, I am proud to be aboard!

Also, in case some of you didn't see the announcement post, there is an opening for a moderator in the pickups forum.....see the thread there.

Break time is over boys, now get back to work! :D
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Now which step is next-does the moon turn red or does the sea begin to boil? I forget....

:D Congrats, Tim.
  3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

4. I know I congratulated you on AIM already, but why not publicly? So congrats Tim! We are counting on you to do a good job!
  5. odie

odie Supporting Member

Congrats- Ok who gets to have Tim wax their back.

Tim- you know about the initiations right??
  6. Mine's nice and hairy, I'll let him do mine :p
  7. odie

odie Supporting Member

8. You brought it up! Sick-O Jr.!

edit: On second thought, how long has it been since you did it to JT during your initiation odie? :p He might need it done again ;)
  9. odie

odie Supporting Member

Nah his wasnt too bad. Munji on the other hand!!
  10. well, might wanna PM Munji and see if he will be up for it ;)
  11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Hehehe... I kept my Mod badge quiet and missed all the initiations....

*hangs head and fires up the wax melting pot*
  12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I've got the mayo, and I think Odie has the big jug of corn oil. Who's bringing the kitten?
  13. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio

Yes, I have heard of the scary initiation rituals, but the new custom Conklin sidewinder 7 all mods get as a sign on bonus will help heal the emotional scarring.

When should I expect my tracking number??

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Congrats, I guess Polly and I lost the election. :(

Oh well, good luck... you'll need it! ;)

Nah, you probably won't have too many problems in the recording gear forum. Hey at least you don't have to mod the tabs forum. ;)
  15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Polly left....for the most part, he lurks a little, I see him on AIM from time to time, but he's a shadow of his former TB self.

oh well, I've been lurking a lot more lately too, not posting as much...maybe you have noticed...*shrug*

Moley has also been MIA for a while...
  16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Yeah, I should start lurking, my posts are usually stupid/pointless anyway (see the "Why is my butt cold" thread). I miss the old days where Polly, You, and me would be the only people up at 3 AM talking about the dumest stuff possible. Hmmm, I wonder if that was because it was summer. I've been on here less, but for some reason I tend to think "Oh, when I do get a chance to get on, I should be on for a long time and just waste time and talk about things that don't matter." *Sigh* I'm very tired. I'm going to bed.
  17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Some folks don't understand how this works....

...first off it's a BIKINI wax, not a back wax. Someone mentioned Munji, I second the nomination.

Heavy got the mayo, corn oil, & kitten part right, just make sure that the ASPCA doesn't get wind of the ritual being planned until it's over.

Finally, Tim, yes, you do get a Conklin, but well...I hate to tell you this, but there is mayo and corn oil involved with the Sidewinder as well (and the name "Sidewinder" is earned...)

:eek: :bawl:
  18. Hehehe, he fell for it!:p

Just got the new list of iminently waxable personalities in from the home office. Looking at the top of the list here we have Ed Asner, George "The Animal" Steele, and...hmm, a little hard to read on this copy...oh, that's it... Roseanne Barr! You pick, and while the others make smoothies and critique your technique, you can be waxing your chosen subject to a healthy sheen.

19. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Actually no, I was dropping bait for others :D