Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got my new 1001RB-II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jul 6, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Just got back from Guitar Center and picked up my new 1001RB-II. The great part. I got it for $550 plus tax. Of course they couldn't find the speakon cable and warranty card, so I gotta go back from them.

Its a monster through my Genz 6x10. I've still gotta get used to the controls, but there is plenty of volume of clean sound. I'm still trying to sell my Genz so I can get a new GK 410RBH for $400.

~Patrick

2. Sweet stuff! I'm looking to eventually get a 1001RB-II myself.

3. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Congrats! I picked one up this Saturday too ;) It's a killer amp -- I'm running mine through an Acme B-1.

4. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    $550?! Was that the price or did you bargain? Pushes your cab with no problem?

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I know the assistant manager, so he is always giving me good deals on things.

It sounds great with the cab. The sound is alittle warmer than I'd like, but I'm getting a GK 410 once I sell this 6x10

~Patrick

6. appler

appler Guest

Sweet deal! In your opinion, does it sound better than an 800RB? I heard somewhere the voicing of the two amps is different. Or something.

7. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I went to GC on Monday for the "Big Independence Day Closeout Sale" and was floored to see a brand new 1001RB-II 2x10 combo for $700!!!!!

I was depressed the rest of the evening.... I can't afford it right now. :crying:

Oh well.