Got My New 4 Banger

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Mar 25, 2005.

1. I've been gasing and gasing and gasing for a rick 4003 for weeks apon weeks and i finally sold my paint ball gun for 500 bucks and since yesterday was my birthday (24th actually) i went to alto music in poughkipsee new york and whats the first thing i see when i walk in, a brand spanking new rickenbacker 4003 in jetglo. Played it for 10 minutes tried two other basses and the rick was mine. i picked it up with morning and i love it, it puts my MIA p bass to shame. heres some pictures of my new baby. family shot at the end, don't mind the stickered up ibanez (i was 14).... disreguard the stuff on my bed and my killer penguin sheets, rofl

2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Nice . . .

I STILL love my Ric 4003. It was my first bass, and it still plays like a dream. :)
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    HOLY CRAP! ALTO MUSIC IN POUGHKEEPSIE! ahha, i live 3 minutes from there, i even was offered a job there, IVE PLAYED THAT BASS!

sorry this is exciting for me bc , who the hell lives in poughkeepsie~! ME! yayyyyyy

*breathe* Holy crap.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Now that the small world effect has dwindled a little, ill add some useful stuff

I GASed for a Rick for a little while too, obviously it wouldnt be the bass for me in the long run because i play funk rock and slap and bla bla and i never even felt comfortable playing one, but man do they sound great.

I sat in that shop for 2 hours playing a few basses, yours was one of them. Man a few months ago there was this Fireglo rick there, that was pretty, but some guy bought it. Jetglo and fireglo are my two fav rick colors, but jetglo prob first.

The bass you got is very nice, and i was probably one of the last people to play it before you, so there still might be Fig-prints on it.
  5. man thats so cool that someone on talkbass lives close by and even played my bass before i got it, well its cool to here the positive feedback on my rick.
  6. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Nice buy, Alwqays wanted a Rick. Almost got one a few months ago, but got an amp instead. Looks sharp
  7. Thats a fantastic looking bass

I almost had a Ric. I was $150 dollars away from it, right when my amp died. New head and cab later and I'm back at square one.
  8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Awesome bass, I've always GASed for one, but never pulled the plug. Glad to hear you got your dream bass.

OTOH, that's a nice sticker job on the 'banez.
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sweet! I love Ricks. I wish that they made a wide spaced 5 stringer that sounded like a 4001.
  10. mashed potatoes

mashed potatoes

Nov 11, 2003
    i live nearby as well :)
  11. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    well if you filled out your profile maybe we'd know that ;)
  12. Awesome man! Rics are purty sweet
  13. yea thanks for the posi feedback.. i love it so much, playing it is liek butter
  14. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    Congrats on the new bass. I'd love to own a Rickenbacker. Sadly, cant justify it. Such an incredibly crunchy sound. Nice one! :cool:
  15. mashed potatoes

mashed potatoes

Nov 11, 2003
    you profile-pushers :p
    i'm far to lazy to bother with it. perhaps another day.
  16. i dont really know if its a major issue i'm just not used to the rick bridge and cant figure out how to fix it cus the owners manual is so unhelpful its a shame. The little riser that holds the strings up on the d string is kinda loose so whenever you hit the d string too hard of hit the g string and rest on the d is makes this loud annoying clicking noise and i cant see to make it go away. i've go some picture so show you what i'm talking about cus i dont know what its called exactly and i really dont want something wrong with a bass i just dropped a grand on. thanks for the help in advance PLEASE help.

17. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140