Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my new 5er

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JayAmel, Jan 28, 2005.

1. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Hi fellows,

Went out to a store today and found this bass in mint condition. I tried it, it sounds very fine and I like the neck.
    It will be enough for my shows this summer, since in the playlist I have only 5 songs that need a 5er.
    If I ever get addicted to 5 strings, after summer will be the good time to search for something more on the high-end.
    BTW, I paid this one a ridiculous price !
    Cheers,
    JL

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Nice!
    Glad you like it.

Me too I got a bass, an acoustic 4, for a really ridiculous price yesterday - however, I'm still setting up mine (like converting to lefty, replacing with normal strings, modding bridge, modding nut, setting up neck, getting bag that fits, etc...)

3. Hello Jean,
    Congrats for your new 5er, I went on reading your previous search post of 5er, and I think your choice is fine for that quality bass, even for occasionaly instrument.

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    The rockbasses are great...

The bad ones aren't even all that "bad"... they are just like nice squiers.

but the good rockbasses... They are the BEST in their price range, period.

5. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I was very surprised by the quality of this one when I tried it in the store. I A/Bed with two other basses : an OLP MM3 that sounded damn poor, and an "XP" (never heard of this trade before) that was just decent.

This Rockbass will be enough for the 2005 summer gigs. I'll reconsider a better 5er after summer.

Thanks for your comments
    JL