Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my new bass today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jiant., Jul 12, 2005.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    The Fender MIM Jazz I won from eBay came in today and it plays like a champ. I was worried at first because it was weird playing on such a smaller neck, but after awhile it felt so much faster than my other bass' neck. I was really happy with the packing job, it came in a new Gator gig bag, which was really nice. I paid $370 for it, including shipping, it's an '02 model and it has Seymour Duncan SJB-3 pickups in it. The tone knob on it was loose and had come slightly "undone" inside the bass, so I took the control panel off, and fixed it. It's good as new. This is my first good bass, my last one was a Jay Turser Stingray copy. It was decent sounding, but nowhere near the calibur of this.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Glad you're happy with your purchase :)

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
  4. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I'll post some today after work.

5. the golden rule doesnt just apply to sadowsky's... it doesnt exist until we see pic's!

6. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Nice bass, hope you enjoy it.

If you know someone who is really good at setting up basses, consider spending a few bucks to get it set up professionally. Sometimes used basses aren't particularly well set up, and it might improve your new treasure greatly!

7. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    It feels really good the way it's set up now. Nice low action, no fret buzz. I just can't wait for the Quann to come in.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks nice, id put a tort pg on that

9. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I'm gonna change it, but I think I'm gonna use a black pg on it. I just like the way they look on sunburst basses.

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

All the best with you new bass. Keep Rockin :bassist:

11. lovely bass, lovely choice! congrats on your new baby.

12. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    :meh:
    I've never understood people's obsessions with tort pickguards. Everyone always wants to use TORT pickguards, no matter what the bass looks like. I don't think the tort would go with this one.