Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my new Ibanez !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Godcreep, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Yep, yesterday I bought that Ibanez BTB 405 qm
    (5-string) ... (blue one)

I played it the whole afternoon, and I came home with it ... I already had a bandpractice with it .. and I have to say it sounds good, but I will have to get used to those passive pickups ...
    (my other bass is a Yamaha with active pickups)

2. Toony

Toony

Jun 15, 2001
    Texas
    good buy. btb's own you....just nod and agree okay? :D never saw a blue one.

3. as far as i know they dont sell Blue BTBs in the US, only in Europe.

4. That is correct, Mike !
    ( god.. i always wanted to say that :D :D )

in US they have Purple BTB's, while in Europe we have Blue BTB's :)

5. Finally, someone who doesn't hate Ibanez!

ROCK ON MAN!

IBANEZ RULES!!!

6. Congratulations Godcreep. BTBs are excellent basses. I was wondering where you got a blue one from until I read the other posts.

Mike J.

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I don't like Ibanezes, but I'm not too jaded to recognize that BTB's are nice basses. I've even toyed with the idea of getting one.

8. Hey!!!! Congrats Godcreep! The BTB`s are some of Ibanez`s best basses.Hope you love her to death!
    :D

I don`t hate Ibanez,just not my first pick for a bass. :p For the record my EDC700 is nice,but I am going to have to trade her in on a cab. :(

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't hate Ibanez, I just think that Soundgears are lousy.

10. Also, here in the UK the 400QM's come in red. Really shows the quilt, but it's sorta...bright. Mine's gonna be blue, and I'm gonna get the best quilt I can to show through that finish. I've never seen a 405 or 406 in the red. Also never seen a 515 or 1005.

The black ones go a purply colour under stage light anyway.

11. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    I tried out a BTB 406 (in black) earlier this week, I was very impressed, I'm thinking about buying the 5-string version.

12. Toony

Toony

Jun 15, 2001
    Texas
    i agree with embellisher, regarding ibanez. i don't hate them either, and my thing about sr's is more toward the necks than the bass itself. anyhow that blue is pretty cool mines tblack. we have red, black, purple and green here in usa, dunno about other colors though.

13. I didn't say you hated Soundgears!
    (Whats the difference B-tween not likeing something and thinking it's lousy?):D

14. Embellisher said "hate" not "like", eejit.

sim

15. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    sweet i got one of those btb510s
    i like them better that the qm's because of the natural wood finish.

got mine for 500 bux...well worth it!

16. I didn't say "like" I said "not like".

Whodever, it-snot realy important.:cool:

ROCK ON!

SCODI

17. I wish my BTB405 was blue then it would match my hair, great grab the Ibanez BTB is a wonderful weapon without a doubt... You'll have lots of fun with that bass. I love Ibanez basses personally even the soundgears, I miss the one my sister's cat broke (that's right a cat broke it, knocked it into a dresser.). I'm looking at the SR-885 to replace it.

18. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    must .... kill .......cat ........