Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got My New Millenium Plus!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ryan L., Feb 25, 2001.

1. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Finally got my new Peavey Millenium Plus 4. I have been wanting one ever since they first came out, and my local dealer finally got one in. Needless to say, I went in, played it, loved it, and bought it.

It makes a perfect addition to my Cirrus 5. I would highly recommend either of these basses to anyone in the market for a high quality, reasonably priced bass. In my opinion, they are right up there with all the Pedullas, MIA Fenders, Laklands, Warwicks, Ibanez BTB's, etc., that I have played. And, they are a hell of a lot easier on the pocketbook than most of the others.

later
    Ryan

2. Great! May the bass bring you years of fun! How much did you pay for it?

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Got it for about $1000. Pretty good price for around here. There is only one Peavey dealer in this area, so they have the market cornered, but they have been pretty fair to me, so I can't complain.

4. Just so you know, Peavey does not allow its dealers to deviate from the prices it sets. If you paid a penny more or less than list, you should tell Hartley about it...he'll be pissed.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't think that is true.

When I was looking at Cirrus fretless 5's, I was quoted prices from $1099 all the way to $1600.

The store that had the one that I wanted (quilt top transparent crimson) was gonna give it to me for $1199, and another store had the exact same model and would have sold it to me for $1299.

I know that Peavey is very protective of their list prices and does not publish them, but they are not guilty of price fixing.

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    That's true as far as I know. Nobody is held to list, that's just a dealer trying to get as much as possible;)

7. Really? Well, it wouldn't surprise me that the two different dealers I talked to are both wrong. Neither seemed to be running the best operation...