Got my new Peavey Cirrus today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by supernaut, Oct 11, 2003.

1. this morning the fedex guy delivered my "new to me" peavey cirrus. I have been playing it throughout the day and am very impressed. it is just what I have been looking for in a bass. the neck is awesome, the lowest action I have been able to get on a bass. the preamp and pickups in this thing are amazing, a great variety of tones with a very clear and warm sound. so I am extreemly happy with this thing. I will give it a go with the band this weekand. my guitar player was here this morning and played it for a minute and he really dug it too. he said it is the most confortable bass he ever played. so I am a happy man today. now what you have been waiting for. PICS :D
  2. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Very nice, congratulations.

I had a Cirrus for a short time and really loved the tone, but the 35" scale was a bit too much for my small hands. They are definitely top-notch basses.
  3. Would you like to post a sound clip when possible :) ?
  4. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I must say, that is pretty sweet.

5. mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    Very nice!

One of these days when I find the right one (at a time when I actually have the money) I might just grab it. I fell in love with the first one I played, but it was a six-string and I was not in the market for a six. If I find one just like it in a fiver, it may follow me home.
  6. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i think i played a 6 once... pretty nice
  7. I will see if I can get some sound clips recorded in the next few days.
  8. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Congratulations!!! It´s really beautiful.
    I´ll be receiving mine in 3 weeks (same wood combination maple / alder).
    I´ve read most of the Cirrus reviews here and still amazes me that almost 100% of them are positive.

I´d love to hear those clips.
  9. snissors

Sep 19, 2003
    I just got mine as well! I bought the bubinga/walnut bodied Cirrus 5. I'm actually a guitarist just now getting into bass, and the ease of play afforded by the Cirrus is making the transition a very smooth one. I tried a lot of comparable basses - Ernie Ball Stingray & Sterling, a few Warwicks, Fender P's and J's, and a Pedulla Thunderbass that I'd never be able to afford. The Pedulla felt great, but I'm telling you, the Cirrus feels just as good in every respect. As far as tone goes, I haven't developed the "bass ear" enough to recognize tone heaven on a bass when I hear it, but the Cirrus sounds great to me, and the range of tones I can get is impressive. Overall, I'd have to say my favorite feature is the neck. Second would be the range of tones available, and third is the striking appearance. Awesome looking bass!
  10. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    You are oficially in...Congrats.
    You'll be really happy with your Cirrus. Pretty soon you'll be like me and you'll find that you have two cause they aren't just basses, they are pieces of Art.

11. I know what you mean. I just found myself saying that a "fretless one of these would be pretty nice" ....and my wallet runs and hides :D
  12. RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    Gives me GAS just looking at it.;) Most excellent! Whenever I pick up the catalogs, my eye invariably wanders over to the Cirrus...

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice, supernaut. Hope you like it as much as I like mine!

I played mine at a gig last night, and got plenty of compliments on my tone. The sound guy said that it was one of the best sounding basses that he had ever heard.
  14. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Take off one string and she'd look just like mine...

Congrats on the new axe... you definitely picked a winner.

15. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Wow very nice. I'm having major GAS right now.
  16. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    awesom bass! rock on :bassist: !