Got my new Rig Today!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thewanderer24, May 1, 2002.

1. thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    Hey folks. This is my first post here. I have been lurking and reading for a while now, and have really enjoyed and learned a lot from this forum. Anyway, today, finally, I am motivated to drop a quick note to you all. Not sure if anyone cares to hear it, but I am gushing with the good vibes today, and gotta share the love.

I just got my new rig, and am STOKED!!!! Eden WT-400 head, that, just like the reputation, sounds great right out of the box, flat eq'd. Warm, warm and more warm, with tons of low end. gotta love it.

I also went against what seems to be the prevailing sentiment on here, and got a D-212XT cab to go with my new head. I love those smooth buttery lows from this cab, and it handles the mids and highs just fine. Not as punchy as 10's, of course, but enough punch for me. did i mention those lows?

even with minimal volume, the floor rumbles, and my chest is pumped with the fundamentals.

I only have gotten to play on it for a half hour or so before work, and for an hour or so at lunch time with a guitar player friend of mine, but I am already totally hooked. Have yet to really turn it up, though, so my neighbors may get a performance to entertain them for dinner when i get home. Unfortunately, i may not get a chance to really use this thing in a band setting til next week.

i can't wait to go home and play, maybe when my fingers get sore, i will get into nob tweekin' mode and start seeing what kinda sounds i can get outta this thing. Any suggestions?? (just don't remind me how much money i just spent):D :D
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Good man! Eden is indeed a fine choice in amplification (I should know :D). I haven't heard the Eden 12's but if the 10's are ANY indication, sounds like you'll be in som buttery goodness a looong time.

My settings are pretty basic. It gives me a "Whomp" with a good bite and mid range cut. I like it. Smmooooothhhhh
    Compression- On, Full
    Bass- Boosted a few clicks
    Lows- Boosted a few clicks
    Low Freq- About 3 o'clock
    Mids- Either Flat, or boosted to 2/3 o'clock
    Mid Freq- About 1/2 o'clock
    Highs- Boosted two clicks
    High Freq- 12 O'clock
    Treble- Boosted 2 clicks.

I use the my WT-300 as a preamp, so I have the gain about a Third on, and the master off completely, DI on full.

Eeeeedeeeeennnnn. Eeeeeeedeeeeeennnn. :D:D
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    hey man you got a great setup.. I dig your rig. I love eden gear... but I don't own any... An ampeg cab stole my heart ;)..
  4. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass

I owned a wt 500 and a 8 ohm 212xlt for 4 years GREAT COMBO! LOVED IT! my new set doesnt have the lows I had with that set up (but this ones easy to cary)

5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

another satified WT400 user. truly a great amp with little to complain about. happy playin'!