Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my new Rig Today!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thewanderer24, May 1, 2002.

1. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    Hey folks. This is my first post here. I have been lurking and reading for a while now, and have really enjoyed and learned a lot from this forum. Anyway, today, finally, I am motivated to drop a quick note to you all. Not sure if anyone cares to hear it, but I am gushing with the good vibes today, and gotta share the love.

I just got my new rig, and am STOKED!!!! Eden WT-400 head, that, just like the reputation, sounds great right out of the box, flat eq'd. Warm, warm and more warm, with tons of low end. gotta love it.

I also went against what seems to be the prevailing sentiment on here, and got a D-212XT cab to go with my new head. I love those smooth buttery lows from this cab, and it handles the mids and highs just fine. Not as punchy as 10's, of course, but enough punch for me. did i mention those lows?
    :D

even with minimal volume, the floor rumbles, and my chest is pumped with the fundamentals.

I only have gotten to play on it for a half hour or so before work, and for an hour or so at lunch time with a guitar player friend of mine, but I am already totally hooked. Have yet to really turn it up, though, so my neighbors may get a performance to entertain them for dinner when i get home. Unfortunately, i may not get a chance to really use this thing in a band setting til next week.

i can't wait to go home and play, maybe when my fingers get sore, i will get into nob tweekin' mode and start seeing what kinda sounds i can get outta this thing. Any suggestions?? (just don't remind me how much money i just spent):D :D

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Good man! Eden is indeed a fine choice in amplification (I should know :D). I haven't heard the Eden 12's but if the 10's are ANY indication, sounds like you'll be in som buttery goodness a looong time.

My settings are pretty basic. It gives me a "Whomp" with a good bite and mid range cut. I like it. Smmooooothhhhh
    Compression- On, Full
    Bass- Boosted a few clicks
    Lows- Boosted a few clicks
    Low Freq- About 3 o'clock
    Mids- Either Flat, or boosted to 2/3 o'clock
    Mid Freq- About 1/2 o'clock
    Highs- Boosted two clicks
    High Freq- 12 O'clock
    Treble- Boosted 2 clicks.

I use the my WT-300 as a preamp, so I have the gain about a Third on, and the master off completely, DI on full.

Eeeeedeeeeennnnn. Eeeeeeedeeeeeennnn. :D:D

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    hey man you got a great setup.. I dig your rig. I love eden gear... but I don't own any... An ampeg cab stole my heart ;)..

4. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Congradulations!!

I owned a wt 500 and a 8 ohm 212xlt for 4 years GREAT COMBO! LOVED IT! my new set doesnt have the lows I had with that set up (but this ones easy to cary)

Enjoy

AJ

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nice!

another satified WT400 user. truly a great amp with little to complain about. happy playin'!