1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got my new Sadowsky today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Skel, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Let's just say I like it. The more I play it, the more I wonder what other basses I need, though - very versatile instrument. It has that ultra deep low end like a precision if you dial it in. I'm sold, but I shouldn't have said it was 5 times better than *anything* because I don't really know, and this is completely subjective.

2. Awesome bass!

3. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
  4. steve21

steve21 Banned

That's cool.

And hey, if your wife gets angry, just tell her it sounds so good you're thinkin' of selling some other basses, due to how sweet teh sadowsky sounds. :)

5. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    She's beyond angry. She just has a funny gaze now - kind of a "Stepford Wives" thing. I keep telling her it will all be ok, and I really am going to sell off a few, but I'm gonna use the money for an Ampeg 8X10. If I like it, I'm selling a 6X10, a 4X10, and a couple more nice basses. I know exactly what I want: One nice rig (SVT-II, 8X10), a backup head, a practice 2X10 cab, and 2 basses - that's it. I just keep going through all this stuff to get that. I just got a Mesa 400 + because I wanted an all tube backup head, and I like that it's lighter than an SVT-II, but even the guy who sold it to me on eBay (don't have it yet) said that it just didn't have the thump that an SVT had, and according to him, you have to "dick" with it to get a good sound. I've heard a lot of good things about the 400 + here on TB, so I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work I'll probably get an SVT-4 PRO and call it good. For my 2 basses I'll have the Sadowsky and a MIA Precision - I'll even sell my Ric now.

Skel

6. polo515

polo515

Feb 27, 2006
    NYC
    The first few days are the hardest, you won't want to put it down. I'm like a kid with a new toy, my kids think I'm nuts. I got my UV70 in January. ENJOY IT!

7. Mabis2012

Mabis2012

Mar 25, 2006
    that is by no means simple looking, that is a real work of art! congrats and enjoy:)

8. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Skel - the other MV4 '59 burst, on the Sadowsky site on HOLD is mine. Will be to me next Friday.:hyper:

This is the replacement for the one I got from BassCentral that arrived dinged. Beaver went straight to Roger to get it worked out. I called Roger to have him put in the VTC. I can't wait!!

9. steve21

steve21 Banned

Wait 'til you get a Sadowsky P-bass. :p

Eggman/anyone, what exactly is a VTC? Is it volume/tone controls?

edit: and skel, update your profile... I'd like to know what basses youse got.

10. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

VTC = Vintage Tone Control. It's an optional feature that works a little like the tone knob on a passive bass. Essentially, it's a treble roll-off knob, but functions in both passive and active mode. Highly desireable, and though pricey, worth the $$ for the versatility in tone it brings.

11. steve21

steve21 Banned

^ What exactly is the difference bewteen a VTC and a treble knob on a 2 or 3 band EQ?

12. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    In the case of Sadowsky, the active treble knob is boost only, no cut. IF we compare it to a boost/cut treble eq of other preamps, the way the VTC works is different because it cuts all frecuencies from a particular point and higher, while an active treble control cuts around a particular eq point (more or less a V shape being the lower part of the V the center frequency). Others can give a more technical explanation.

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Congrats, enjoy your awesome new bass. Sadowsky Rocks ! :bassist:

14. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Skel - my MV4 arrived yesterday. It is great. Woke up early today so I could play it. I am digging mine - hope you are digging yours.

15. T-Funk

T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    USA
    Nice bass! Congrats!

16. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Not to hijack the thread, but I just gigged my new RV4 for the first time last night. Unbelievable! This bass is killin'!
    Skel, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

17. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    I thought they were fairly expensive? did you get a really good deal or something?