Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my new SANS AMP today!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Barfly, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    What is the best way to set it up in my chain?
    Right now I have it setup with my TU-2 first, then the SA, ODB-3, CE-2, and my OC-2.

And what about the EQ on my head? How should I set it?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. I have mine last in my chain. I run my amp almost flat and I don't use my effects loop. The best thing to do is experiment a bit and find your tone.

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I think you should use it the way you have it, but with the chorus at the end...

and drop away the boss distortion, use the SA...:D

4. Yeah, where you have it now is fine. The reason I put mine last is so the soundman can take my signal and my effects before my amp. That way I can give a good signal to the PA and independently make adjustments to my amp so I can get a good mix on stage without affecting the house mix.

5. I have mine last also after the compressor and before the amp, I use an SWR Workingmans and I run it flat.

On the sans amp, what settings are you guys running?

6. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I am playing a Yorkville 400 H into an Ampeg SVT HLN 410. I have the horn at about 11 o'clock and the SABDDI set to the SVT tone with the presence slightly backed off.
    Sounds nice an thick but I can't really crank it
    (son is sleeping).
    Playing a MIM J w/active EMGS and a MIAP passive.
    Sounds sweet with the J. The P is going to take some tweaking.
    ;)