Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got My New Schecter!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jon In VA, May 29, 2001.

1. Jon In VA

Jon In VA

May 28, 2001
    Chesapeake, VA
    Today I went out and got my new Schecter Elite 4 and case. It's soo nice! I love the maple top and neck-thru body. It sounds better then anything I've owned, (not hard to do) and most of the stuff I've played. The active pickups are great stuff too. All I need to do now is sell my amp before my "90 days same as cash" thing is up. interested anyone? :)
    Here's the picture:

Jon

2. neptune

neptune

Feb 2, 2001
    Maryland
    Nice!!! If that sounds half as good as it looks, you did good! Where did you pick it up at? I'm in MD.

3. Jon In VA

Jon In VA

May 28, 2001
    Chesapeake, VA
    I got it from Alpha Music. Great store. they had Ken Smiths and Roscoes and Peavys and all this crap up on the wall. They also do free setups for life. Those are $45 a pop too. good store...you should check it out sometime.

Jon

4. neptune

neptune

Feb 2, 2001
    Maryland
    What part of VA?

5. Jon In VA

Jon In VA

May 28, 2001
    Chesapeake, VA
    South East...It's in VA Beach, but I live in Chesapeake....

6. neptune

neptune

Feb 2, 2001
    Maryland
    Thanks Jon. That's a little further south than I'd hoped. Next time I'm down there, I'll have to check it out. Thought about getting the Schecter that looks like an early 50's P Bass. Robert Deleo Model, I think(?) Haven't seen anyplaces around D.C. that carry 'em though.

7. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Please refer to your bass as a Diamond Series or a Schecter Diamond Series, not just a Schecter. You are devaluating the Schecter USA brand name.

8. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I've never had the opportunity to play one, but I love the way it looks.
    I love the neck, the absence of the fret markers gives it an elegant look. The transparent red finish is awesome

Congratulations!

9. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    :rolleyes:

Schecter is proud of ALL of their basses. Although the Diamond series are not made in the USA.....they ARE set up in the California custom shop and are not shipped out unless they meet Schecter's quality control.
    I'll put my "Diamond Series" AB1plus bass. up against ANY USA made bass, at twice the price.