Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got My OBP-3 !

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by stingray96191, Oct 12, 2002.

1. stingray96191

stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    I woke up at the crack of noon today to find the ups man had left me alittle present on my fromt porch.... No not that get your mind out of the gutter, but he had left me my aguilar obp-3. opened it up to find it was a prett simple looking kit. The module, a stacked concentric pot, with center detents, and one single pot, with center detent, and the different scematics for installing it in different ways. I had never heard one of these in action, but if its anything, like the obp-1, o can;t wait. Thats the sound ive lusted after but im a stickler for a 3 band. Im in the process of installing it now, all i need is a special switch, that i want for a custom type installation. ( I'm looking for a two position switch that appears to be a pot, that i could just put, a regular knob on so that it would all be uniform and i won;t have to put another hole in my bass. if anyone has any idea where i could find something like that i would greatly appreciate any help with this) Grasshopper down at Bass Central tells me that i recieved the first one of these sold to the public in the world, other than the ones going to the insturment manufacturers, eg. elrick so thats kind of exciting. Ill be sure to post reviews as soon as i get this little sucker installed in my flea.

Erin Payne

2. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
  3. stingray96191

stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    Sorry Its not in yet. But one week from onday it will be.

Ill let you know asap.

Erin