Got My P Bass Today!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Usul, Apr 27, 2001.

1. My P bass was waiting for me last night on my porch when I came home from work! :D This thing is SWEEETT!!My first Fender and I am in love with the way she looks,feels,plays,
    and sounds. The neck is a bit bigger than I am used to but not half as big as I thought she would be.The color is really not bad either,kinda of a deep violet.As to slapping?WOW!!
    Great low action(and I don`t really know how to slap either).
    All in all I am VERY pleased with my 98 mia p bass! :D

p.s.I think a nice white perloid picguard and a bridge cover(ash tray) would make this baby shine! I think I will christen it
    "The Purple Pimp"! haha
  2. Congrats on your new bass! I have a P and it totally rocks. Good luck!
  3. Ahhh........the sweet sounds of a P-bass.

I really should get me another one of those some day.

Sounds like you have a sweet machine there Usul. Congratulations.

(BTW, its common practice to give your bass a female name. Jane and Jezebel, in my case).

4. I knew I messed up when I named my J bass Bruce and the P bass Samuel! :D
  5. Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Ahhhh the mighty P strikes again.Congrats!Your right about a white pearl guard.I had one on my purple P but switched it to my sunburst when she came along.The covers a great idea also.ENJOY!!!
  6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    congrats and enjoy, dude
  7. Adam Clayton

Adam Clayton

Jan 19, 2001
    Nice one Usul !!

May she give you many years of pleasure !!
  8. congrads usul! now what happens to the bass you won. :D
  9. Taurus

Feb 2, 2001
    Congrats on your new acquisition.I like both the p and j basses,but when I tried out both I just had more affinity to the p-bass.Getting the right,for you,p-guard will make it even more special for you.Those things are surprisingly expensive though..especially original Fender parts.I like the "ashtrays" as well but find the pup cover to be in the way too often and will likely take it off.If you play down by the bridge at all be careful in where you install the bridge cover to allow yourself room to operate down there.I think the neck "chunkiness" is overrated and when I see the occasional petite female out there playing a p-bass you have to ask yourself "if she can do it,I certainly can".I don't think the necks are as chunky as they used to be anyhow.
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congratulations on the new P bass, Usul!:)

Be careful or that Ergodyne will get lonely!:D
  11. Congrats! All you need is a P bass. It's all I ever really use.
  12. Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Keep an eye on the bay for the PG and tray.J+S music was puting alot of fender parts up for grabs with no reserve.I got my white motto PG from them for 18.75 including the postage!!!Good luck!
  13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    P basses are always going to be cool, congrats!!!
  14. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Congrats usul!! Glad to hear that you like your bass!! I want a Fender MIA PBass! *Drool*