Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my P.O.G., but I've got a question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_drum, Mar 6, 2006.

1. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Hey guys !

I just received a new P.O.G. this afternoon, and have been fiddling around with it for a while now, and realised a strange thing. After about 5-10 minutes of use, the pedals status LED just turns off. Is this normal? The effect still turns on and off properly, just the LED never comes back on. After unplugging for a while and then using it, it works fine for another 5-10 minutes. Why is this?

Thanks for your time!

2. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I don't recall this happening with mine, guess I can run a test.

3. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Yah I don't know what is with it, as the effect does turn on and off normally. It happened to me before and then I played badminton for a couple hours, and when I came back, the LED worked again...but only for 5 or ten minutes or so.:confused:

4. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Mine stays illuminated. Maybe there is a defective bulb in yours. I can run a test on mine to make sure that happens. But I have used the pedal at a bunch of shows and never had a problem with the LED (I keep it on at all times in a loop with a distortion pedal). Ill post my findings in alittle while.

5. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Thanks for your help guys!

I also emailed ehx so hopefully they will help me.

6. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Ive had mine running for about 30 minutes and the LED is still going strong...Sounds like it might be a defective bulb or something.

7. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Yeah, just did the same (excuses to play with the pog? what?). No LED problem at all.

8. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Hmm well right after writing the review I played for about 20 mins and it was going strong for the first 10 and then died for 3 or 4 mins and then was flickering for a little bit and then was on but just barely illuminated for the rest of the time..bad connection or bulb?