Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my Pbass from Ebay today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tallguybcs, Jan 26, 2001.

1. 95-96 Black American P Bass, with case (real old looking, cant be the original), it was $400. There wasnt a pic of the bass on Ebay, so no one bid on it, the starting bid was $400, and thats what I got it for. This bass is near mint, the only thing I can find is a small scratch on the back. Its beautiful, and it sounds great! Anyone else find a deal on Ebay?

2. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Hi shorty!(grin)I got my 98 A Std P off ebay for 415 WHSC a few months back.Seems metalic purple is not everyones first choice...i guess.At least thats the reasons ive heard from others why i got such a good deal.Im glad to hear you got a sweet deal as well.The mighty P is an amazing bass!What strings are you using on it.Theres just something about them that suggests flats or mellow sounding RW's.FWIW they seem to sound best with Fender strings.Go figure!!!Really,ive tried a variety of brands but it just keeps saying to me-Fenders...Fenders.....Just put a set of their Flats on after months of the RW's(Fender) it came with.All's right with the world!ENJOY!!!

3. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    That sounds like a sweet deal, congrats! I got my American Deluxe P on ebay about six months ago. I was the high bidder at $610, didn't meet the reserve, but the seller offered to let me have it for $610 plus shipping. It's a 97 in shoreline gold, and it arrived at my door in dead mint condition. In fact, it's calling me right now -- I gotta go practice for my lesson tomorrow. Enjoy yours.

4. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i just got my american p-bass in metalic purple. Musicians friend had a weird price list. the metalic purple w/ rosewood fngr board was $500, w/ maple $600, white and a few other colors for $670, and Black Sunburst and few other basses for $900. I got mine brand spanking new for $500 plus 17 dollar shipping and 45 bucks tax (i hate the government, when is ted kennedy becoming president, oh yea he said "I'll drive off that bridge when i get to it.") I don't think teddy really wants to run president John was shot and so was robert just after he won the california primary, teddy would make number three, so i don't think teddy's in a huge rush to run for pres, plus he has a bad rep (drove off to many bridges, glug glug). Good senator though. in the words of denis leary "good senator, bad date"

5. Im going to put flats on it, just cause its the proper tradition, but it's going to be used mostly for punk stuff, so it might have to be RW, just cause I need that crisp sound.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Hey Vic, if you hate the government because of taxes, Mr Kennedy will not be the answer.

His home state has one of the highest tax rates in the country, and he is a big spender.

Back on topic now.

Congratulations to all of you guys that just got new P basses!

7. Last year, I got a new 57 P (ri) on eBay with case for $653. eBay can be a good place to buy.

8. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    kennedy would spend our money on something useful, though. I can't pay taxes as long as it is spent on something besides military, tax cut for really rich people, drug law enforcement, pro-gun laws, the house of rep. dinners and senate dinners. It is really a matter of how goverments spend your money,not how much they charge. If it is going to homeless shelters, drug treatment (not law enforcement), etc.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Victor, I have some things to say about Kennedy, but this is the wrong forum.

If you will open a thread down in OT I will rebut most of your claims. ;)

10. Oops. I posted something about a bass in a political thread. Sorry!