Got my Pro Pilot V for a steal... oh yeah...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Jul 29, 2001.

1. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Just got my new bass... A DeArmond Pro Pilot V... Apparantly they were having a massive sale on 'em down at Sam Ash for some reason for another. Only paid $250 for it, which is pretty damn good, considering the $799 list price. The standard series is something ridiculous like $159, down from $400 something, I believe.

Just a heads up, be sure to check your local Sam Ash.

On to the bass... I love it! My other bass is a Fretless Jazz, and I have been looking forward to playing a fretted for a while. And, although I was never a fan of more-than-four-string basses, I finally caved in. I don't know why, but the thought of not having to detune anymore just seemed appealing. The wider fingerboard is different, but I'm getting used to it.

it's a pretty snappy bass, with an ash body and brushed chrome hardware. The 3 band eq is nice, this is my first active bass. It plays great! I have to tweak the setup a little bit, but otherwise, it's fantastic!

A pretty good deal overall. I'm a happy man.
  2. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Congrats man! :) I've been thinking of getting the Pilot Plus V from samash, but I wasn't sure of how they performed... but now I can feel even better about ordering mine :D Enjoy the new 5! Peace

3. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I just played a DeArmond PIlot DBX (I think it's that) five and it was the nicest bass I've ever played, it's about 1049 canadian dollars (I'm on holiday) and it sounds so good, it has a 5 piece thru neck and mahogany body. I want to get it!!!
  4. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    There have been rumers on the FDP that DeArmonds guitars and basses are being discontinued. I don't know why as they are damn fine basses for the prices they sell for.
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Maybe that's the reason.

Musician's friend is selling the Pilot Deluxe V (Ash neck through body) for $199. Any insight on this model?
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I suspected that the line was being discontinued when they started closing out most of the basses and guitars at Mars, GC and Sam Ash.
  7. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Congrats on your new bass!! I'm glad you like them. I've tried out one of those DeArmond Pilot 5s.. pretty thick necK! I didn't really like the feel of those.. but hey, different strokes for different folks right? ;) Congrats! :D