Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my Reverend Rumblefish back!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by petch, Jan 23, 2002.

1. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Yep! A couple of weeks and Joe Naylor & Co. repaired my baby that slipped off its strap. Looks like new; it has never played better and they fixed a ding in the (maple) fretboard also. All for very modest bucks, I might add. Everyone looking for a modestly priced incredible sounding bass should check out the Reverends! These things ROCK! Very fine customer service too.

p.s. Yes, it has Straplocks now!

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I see you got straploks.

3. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    good deal man!

glad to see you got it fixed.

what straplocks did you get?

4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Schaller. I hope these are relatively goof-proof! I'll get some Loc-Tite tomorrow to make SURE...

5. Congrats, man! Glad your bass is fixed and good as new.

6. Dropping Bass bad.

I almost dropped mine the first time I pluged it in due to not having them. Playing at "Mister Rockstar" and thumbing down hard across the strings the strap came off at the Bridge.
    Luckily I cought it at the nut with my left hand.

Unluckily it pendulemed back into me and hit me.......well lets just say it was a Low Blow.

Got strap locks the next day.

7. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I had the chance today to try out a Reverend. Very cool sounding basses! I loved the way they played, I really like the way the slanted pups felt too. I wish they had more tone shaping controls on the bass itself and a three way pup selector though.

8. IM GETTING A REVEREND SOON!! WOOHOO!

9. welcome back to the club, petch! :D

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm dying to try the Reverend Brad Houser model. I mentioned this to the local Reverend dealer, and they said they might order one. Sadly, they had no Reverend basses of any kind in stock (only a couple of geetars).

11. Congrats. Glad your back in business again. That was fast!

I heard Rumblefish is coming out with a new 'parachute' option to avoid these problems in the future. :D

12. are you by any chance speaking of Garrett Park Guitars in Annapolis? that's where i ordered mine from, because it was closest to me (but still quite a hike) so i never actually went there, just had them ship it. you're lucky to live near a reverend dealer. i'd really like to try a brad houser myself. and if my band ever hits it big, i plan to commission the first fretless rumblefish. :D

13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Yep, Garrett Park Guitars is the place. I stop by there every so often, but have never seen a Reverend bass in stock. It's time to stop by again and do some more arm-twisting.

Fretless Rumblefish: if these basses sound like I think they do, that should be awesome. :cool:

14. That was alot faster than I thought it would be. Great its working again:)
    BTW, what does everyone mean they're hard to pick w/?? I can't imagin how that would be uncomfortable to do.

15. there's no contour where your arm touches the body, like there is on most basses. kinda like a telecaster guitar. at first i found this annoying but now i really don't mind (although i might if i used a pick for the entire set).

16. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Dancehallclasher has it right- you get used to the body shape. I still think its forte is as a fingerstyle axe, though...

17. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    I'm really glad to see so many people excited about the Reverend basses! I have a 4 and 5 and they compare very favorably to the "boutique" basses I have.

Ya gotta love the NECK!, love the weight, love the sound(even unplugged) and love the price!

As long as you can get over the "non-traditional" look, it's the best kept bass secret. Joe's a great guy also!

Think about it. With a laminate finish, you literally have probably 1,000's of choices on finishes (including different textures and materials!).

I would love to see some "exotic wood" laminate versions available. Ya gotta love it, a wood look with the strength of your countertop!

I would also like to see some choices in pickguards (that's the fun of having a pickguard - being able to change it occasionally or if it gets too scratched up!

Great stuff!

18. I tried a Rumblefish the other day, I love it, the look, the sound and everything. It's now the second my list over basses that I'm going to get... someday. The other one's a Rick so I'm very impressed.

19. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I remember saying the following:
    <br>I'm glad I was wrong.