1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got my Second Gecko! Meet Gordon!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Asomodai, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Asomodai

Asomodai

Jan 21, 2006
    London UK
    Hey guys.

As you may remember i got my first gecko about a month ago. A Crestie i named balony.

Anyway. I came across this wonderful Day gecko that my mate owned at the reptile shop. He asked for 60 quid, And as my partner was there and is so lovely (Shes reading this) She paid for it :).

His name is Gordon and is a sub adult male.

I have put him into a 30x30x45 Exo Terra same as my cresties. I have got a 18inch zoo med reptisun Light that is on top of the Tank and i have constructed a light reflector (Out of a cereal box and tin foil) So that Gecko can get the maximum amount of Light and heat coming from the light.

I also have a small heatmat for him.

If anyone has any advice for keeping him then please let me know, especially about heating, light and Diet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you think :) I am really a gecko beginner but i hope this will be more challenging then keeping the crestie!

Also how rare are these in the UK?

2. Gordon Gecko... Very nice. GREAT movie!

3. The main thing is getting the right light at the right distance. My friend keeps a fan blowing across his screen cage. That allows the gecko to get close to the light without getting too hot. We have wild geckos and iguanas around here, they are fun to watch.

4. Asomodai

Asomodai

Jan 21, 2006
    London UK
    Its weird, I have never watched the movie, I just thought Gordon would be a pretty nice name!

At the moment the light is on the outside of the viv. Im hoping its a safe distance.

5. I thought this was going to be about Middle Earth looking basses by Warmoth.

Sheesh.

6. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    GREAT news! as long as he doesn't try and sell me car insurance...

Me too! Weird thing but a buddy clued me into their website just last night. Interesting looking stuff. The Gecko neck looks like something worth investigating

7. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    if u have scuba steve, then id be impressed.

but non the less kool Gecko.