Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my Spector Rebop 5 today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by QORC, Dec 23, 2004.

1. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    wow. ....it looks great..it's EXTREMELY light (half the weight of my rickenbacker) and plays great. The active pickups are REALLY active. Had to change all the EQ settings on my amp.

I've been a 4-string player my whole life (I'm 42). can this old dog learn the 5-string bass? I aim to.

Anyway, I picked this one up from based on recommendations from here and Harmony central. I came THIS close to getting a stingray, but I gotta admit, the look of this Spector really got me.

I feel good about the price. It's brand new, with a new hard case, and shipped for $629. not bad. Guitar is $979 on Sam Ash, and that's without a case.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. if it wasn't for here, I would've bought a traben and I'm told I would've been sorry!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thats cool I think the reason for the price drop is Spector now makes the Rebops differently, with block inlays. The dot inlay ones are now being sold for cheaper, as you experienced. It is a great buy.

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I love my Rebop 5! Congrats!

4. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Congrats and welcome to the club! :hyper: :bassist: :)

5. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    Old dogs learn new tricks! I'm 40 years old and I bought my first 5 string a week ago. I bought a Schecter California Custom and I'm satisfied but I'm looking at a Rebop 6. Why stop at 5?

6. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Rebop 6? Do those even exist?

7. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    Oops! Maybe not! I was "gassin' " over a Legend 6 and assume their was a Rebop 6! My Loss!!!!