Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got My SR 400!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SGT. Pepper, Feb 4, 2006.

1. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    I can't believe this bass is made in Indonesia. They must have a brutal taskmaster in this factoy because this bass is sweet and cherry. Everything's perfect on it. Plays like a dream. This is a good solid workhorse bass for club/pub gigs.

[​IMG]
    :hyper: I like it, I like it!

2. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    I have never ever ever heard anything bad about those basses! congrats man!

3. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    There is one thing. The bass pot was put in backwards. In other words to boost the bass I have to turn the knob counter-clockwise but thats no biggie to me. The sound and the neck are to die for. Oh, needs a cavity shield too, other than those two minor things thats it.
    I chose this over the SR 500 because I wanted something that was as close as possible to the original 1987/88 Soundgears and this won the prize! :D
    The rosewood board on this is beautiful. It looks like fine Madagascar rose. I really can't believe it. No stain just natural rosey color. I thoght it was dry at first but when I put it under a light I could see, not dry just rosey red, with a nice tight grain and no filler. PURO!

4. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    nice axe man

what colour is that??

5. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    They call it vintage blue but to me it looks like Metallic Cobalt/Gun metal blue.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very nice. I have a 2000 model SR400 and it was made in Korea, but they've also changed the body styles and whatnot a little bit. I ahven't had a chance to play the new body style whatsoever, but I'd be interested in giving her a try. How about some pics of your baby?

7. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    Sorry, im digitally inept at this time.