1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got my Sunn 300T back from the repair shop yesterday...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tfernandez, Aug 4, 2012.

1. tfernandez

tfernandez Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    WOW this thing can sing now! Before it broke I was starting to find the sound of the head very lack luster. One day at practice all output just cut out which led to lots of frustration and using my horrible backup amp for all the gigs we had lined up. I took it to hendrix sound in central florida for the repairs. (warning: praise alert. if I am breaking some sort of forum rule I apologize. I am no way affiliated with hendrix sound other than as a very satisfied customer.) These guys are absolutely top notch in both repair and customer service. Everyone who worked there was extremely friendly and answered all of my questions. The only downside was the 3 week back wait for them to took at my amp (since I'm cheap and didn't feel like paying rush fees.) After replacing two of the preamp tubes and a few fuses, the 300T is back and sounding way better then before. Thanks for listening to my rant of happiness. now to acquire a 15/6 and really push the head :D

2. hodgy

hodgy

May 5, 2004
    Bothell, WA
    Customer Support- Ampeg/ Line 6
    Is that all they did? And it took them 3 weeks? Gosh.

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Sounds like a good shop, maybe they had 30 amps waiting for diagnosis/repair when he dropped it off.

I wonder if one of the techs gets the "rush fee" as a bribe for doing the repair after closing hours?

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Cali Intergalactic Mind Space - always on the edge
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    It's Hendrix not Hedrix. Fixed it for ya. There's a thread for Good Amp Techs and he's already listed there by none other than the (in)famous :) Jimmy M! http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/good-amp-techs-519922/#post7018401

5. tfernandez

tfernandez Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010