Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my tickets to go see Johm Myung !!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Turlu, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I just got my tickets to go see Dream Theater featuring the excellent John Myung on Bass.

I have always found Myung to be a virtuoso on the bass but, at the same time, I am not a big fan of his sound he gets with his Yamaha and his rig. It`s my humble opinion. I just find it does not cut through but what a playing style he has!!!

I just can't wait to see him playing !!!

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Last DT concert I went to he was barely audible at all. Actually, make that completely inaudible.

:(

3. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    I saw them in Copenhagen last month(28th jan)

It was incredibel!....and the sound was very good:D

I'm already looking forward to see them again...

:p

4. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I've seen them before with his old setup, and I agree, the sound was just not there.

He changed his amplification completely (same bass though) on the new album, so you may be in for a treat when you see him this time. I believe he dumped the modified Mesa stuff entirely and went all SWR now. I must say, his sound on the new album is MUCH better.

5. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Just ordered tickets to see them on 3/23 at the Tower. The rep said the seats are row AAA center stage. I'm eager to see the new material live. :)