Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my V Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Apr 29, 2002.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i have had the Vbass for a coupel of days- spent about 35 minutes with it so far since i have had other obligations- but so far- its SMOKIN!!! in fact i gotta go program some custom ptaches right now!- ill be back with comments later- and I will put up samples on my site soon-

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey adrian

what kind of pickup setup are you using - the roland? or did you get the rmc installed?

3. Hey, give us a sound sample! While you're at it, how about a little ditty on one of the Skylines?

:D

I'm just messing with you bro. I'm glad you like your new acquisition!

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    the 55-01 samples are up on th esite , David-
    john- i contacted RMC, and indeed there is a guy in Vegas that can install it , but they are out of them right now.. and Rtolnad is including the pickup at the same price- so im using the pickup- the "tracking" is phenomenal! no delay at all- i installed it so it looks like an extension of the bart pup on the MTD , and the controls are in th eback of the bass where it cant be seen or felt- i may be converting to a 6 player 100% of the time- so i may sell my Fodera and order another MTD635- i will definitely do the RMC there
    im loving the unit- im just getting it gig-ready

5. ah, I was looking at wrong part of the site, Adrian. My mistake!

Thanks a lot for putting up the samples. I'm thinking the 55-02 is a bit more my style for sure. Now it's time to stop being lazy so I can sell some gear!

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    What i'm wondering is if you got a really nice bass that you loved the feel of but the sound was only ok. Could you just slap on one of these pick-ups on and never need another bass again. Does it give you all the sounds you'll ever need from jazz to death metal to solo bass soundscape stuff.
    What are the effects like and how many can you have on at anyone point.

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Venezuela in the house!!
    man i toured and love your country with all the beautiful people- how can you handle all the beautiful girls??- anyways-
    it could ALMOST replace all your basses- some models more than others are way accurate- many times ive been amazed that im listenng to a bass model nd not the actual bass- but then again- theres something about the real sound that cant be replaced- so im using it in conjuction with my bass and not INSTEAD of-
    you can ghave up to 8 effects and they are laid out like a virtual pedal board- this unit is very easy to use- very intuitive. the synths are huge and the fretless is very convincing- i cant do glissando slides thoughm because i have frets- there will be times when i will want a real fretless, but if youre in teh midle of a gig - its very cool to step on a pedal nad have instant fretless- and pright , etcc- i managed a preetty convincing musicman sound, and teh vari bass lets you construct your own bass- moving the individual COILs on a pickup allow fpr tonal varitey unabtainable on a real bass- you can virtually place a pickup on your 12th fret- etc.. there is so much- i will post the goodies as i find them-

8. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    My question is whether it is head and shoulders over the other effects units out there. I had a Zoom 608 and opted in the end for the real bass sound.

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    this much ill say-- there is NOTHING like it on the market today-

10. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Congrats Adrian!! I've seen you talk about that here and on basslinks. Unfortunately my bank balance won't stretch that far, and I've opted for the poor man's equivalent - the GT-6B, which is on order and should be arriving soon. Not quite as good as the V-bass in terms of synth tracking I believe or in terms of the modelling - but also less than half the price!

Anyway Adrian - have fun with your new toy.... sorry piece of kit!

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Interesting how people have been comparing the V-Bass to the Bass POD, the Zoom 608, etc. The V-Bass isn't (just) an effects unit. It's a bass modeler, which can change the fundamental way your bass sounds.

The V-Guitar has established itself as a unique item, not just effects but not a synth. I've heard them do things that nothing else could.

If the V-Bass is close to as good, I want one! At which point the POD would go out the window. :)

12. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Has it got any looping capabilities for solo bass?

Which companies sell basses with this special pick up built in straight from the factory?

Whats the web site for those rmc pickups was it?

What external effects do you think you would still need?

Sure i'll think of more questions for ya.

BTW it's pretty easy looking after all these women i'm a bass player we're known of our stamina :D