Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my Warwick Streamer Standard!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman1185, Mar 31, 2001.

1. I won an auction on Ebay last Sunday for a Warwick Streamer Standard Five string. I got it Wednesday, so I've had a few days to play it. Here's what I think:

Playability: 8 out of 10. The strings are a little close together at the nut. Speaking of the nut, that huge just-a-nut tends to hurt your hand if you play much on the first fret. The neck is really comfortable. It's quite thin for a five and very fast.

Tone: 9 out of 10. It has that Wawick growl, but the pickups could be a little farther apart for more tonal possibilities. Active electronics would help, too.

Apperarence: 9 out of 10. It might not suit everyone's taste, but I love it. The body is really narrow, which makes it lighter. The transperant red finist is great too. If you've never played a Warwick, they do have fret dots on the side of the fingerboard, but not on top. This makes them look very clean.

Construction: 9 out of 10. The fretwork is great, the contol cavity is really easy to get into, and the truss rod cover is fairly simple to open.

That's about it. If there's anything you'd like to add, go ahead.

2. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    Congrats, hope you enjoy it.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Enjoy the new bass. Hope it brings you much joy.

4. It already has.

5. Damn you! I'm still saving up for my Warwick Corvette STD 5-string! ohhhhh *makes a mess* I love that thing!

I'm glad you love it! :D Enjoy!

6. Yaaaay!! Bassman got a new baby!!

Now remember to get up every few hours `n play her,k? :D

Congrats dude!

7. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    congrats on the new bass!

I hope you love it and have a lot fo cash cos from now on you might not settle for less than a Warwick (I know I wont...too many warwick models and so short are our days on this earth ;) )

8. Now remember to get up every few hours `n play her,k?

Every few hours? Try every ten minutes. I'm home-schooled, so i just have to go down to my room, anytime. one of the perks.

9. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Congrats!!

Home schooled eh?! You are the first person that I know of that is home schooled. No one in PA does that.

10. bass goddess

bass goddess

Apr 1, 2001
    scotland
    i bet it aint as good as my baby, no disrespect to your baby though, but well, mine is juts so damn foxy!!! heh heh

it's red too!!!