Got my washburn bantam 5 string today have a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by megatron, Oct 10, 2003.

1. megatron

Jul 9, 2003
    I picked it up at a local pawn shop the price was $125 but the guy let me have it for $109. I brought it home and tuned it it sounds great I love the pick tone on this thing to. My questions are can anyone tell me the exact model I have? I've seen bantams refered to here as "xb300" or something like that before. Mine simply says "washburn" and "bantam" on the head stock. The neck plate on the back is is marked "washburn pro" any ideas which specific model I have?

My second question is kind of dump but Is the vey top string the B string on this thing? This is my first 5 string so I guess iam kind of lame. I hope I got the string order down right,my ear tells me the second string down must be E right?

I am very pleased with this bass so far although i think it needs new strings but other than that its very cool. Thanks for any help
  2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Fivers are usually tuned B-E-A-D-G.
  3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Cool grab man, and not a bad price either. There should be a whole lot on washburns web site, or mabye even check out a few reviews on harmony central. ;)