1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got my wisdom teeth out yesterday morning

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by santucci218, Mar 1, 2008.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    ill be honest, after all i read i was freaking out. people asked me how many i had and if they are impacted and stuff. Well, i had 4, and they were all impacted!

I feel fine, with or without vicodin.

Anyways, just posting to put those who have this coming up soon to an easy mind. Good luck guys, catch ya in the am.

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Liar!

3. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    What does it mean when they are impacted?

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    it just means that they are all still under the gum line so they had to be dug out.

5. tAHr wsuck man ym tfirned jsut got his out last weeke byt you'l e bokay just listen to some protest hteh woer

6. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    drunk.

7. +1

Now get in the chat.

8. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Good.

9. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    Friday night/Sat morning - rightfully so!

Better than working :spit:

10. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Impacted wisdom teeth fall into one of several categories. Mesioangular impaction is the most common form (43%), and means the tooth is angled forward, towards the front of the mouth. Vertical impaction (38%) occurs when the formed tooth does not erupt fully through the gum line. Distoangular impaction (6%) means the tooth is angled backward, towards the rear of the mouth. And finally, Horizontal impaction (3%) is the least common form, which occurs when the tooth is angled fully ninety degrees forward, growing into the roots of the second molar.

Typically distoangular impactions are the easiest to extract in the maxilla and most difficult to extract in the mandible, while mesioangular impactions are the most difficult to extract in the maxilla and easiest to extract in the mandible.

Impacted wisdom teeth may also be categorized on whether they are still completely encased in the jawbone. If it is completely encased in the jawbone, it is a bony impaction. If the wisdom tooth has erupted out of the jawbone but not through the gumline, it is called a soft tissue impaction.

11. Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?? :eyebrow:

12. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    day 2, im a little swelled, but perfectly fine. Fine enough to go to the local music store to test out electric guitars and buy one soon =]

13. I was told that I HAD to have my wisdoms pulled when I was in my twenties. I had no pain or any problems so I put it off. I'm not almost 50 and my wisdom teeth are fine. I would always get a second opinion!! They add that little extra chewing capacity and efficiency as well :p

I just make sure that my toothbrush gets in and around them everytime I brush :)

14. Geetars?? Put that Vicodin down man!!!! :eek:

15. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    My experience wasn't as good as yours, but I'm very happy for you! Just make sure you clean your mouth out exactly as they recommend to prevent infection. It happened to me and wasn't fun at ALL. A protein shake with strawberries in it F'ed me up. A little strawberry seed got in one of the areas and it had to be popped and drained. BAD!!!!!

16. Glad it went ok. I got mine out when I was 19, and the next day I felt well enough to go and register for my 2nd year of college (i.e. standing in lines for a few hours). Then I went back to bed and slept for about 12 hours.

17. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    WHAT

Thought you were saving up for a car!!

18. Wait... a car?

Since when does santucci even have his license yet!

19. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
  20. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Same here! I got mine out when I was 13 and I went home and felt fine, my entie bottom lip was numb for 3 hours, but other than that I felt completely normal. The next day I was eating hard foods like I normally would.;)