Got my Workingman's 10 in today...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by White_Knight, May 31, 2001.

1. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    Hi all, got my new amp in today. I decided that I needed a new amp that was smaller and more portable than my Crate BX-100. Well, the Workingman's 10 certainly fits the bill: light weight, good power for the size (80 watts 8 ohm/ 100 watts 4 ohm), sounds great, and has plenty of connection options on the back panel. The only thing that I wish was that it had a little more in the deep bass department, but what do you expect with a single 10" speaker? It's certainly better in that respect than all of the other comparable combos that I've ever heard. Anyways, I pretty much play with a real deep and chunky tone, so for most people it probably is just fine in the bass department.

Anyway, getting to the point: is there anyone else here that plays one of these? Before I bought it I tried to look for reviews, but could hardly find any. It seems like a long lost cousin to the rest of SWR's Workingman's series, because you never really hear about it (unlike the Workingman's 15, which is an excellent amp by the way). So yeah, anyone else use one of these? Also, if you do - do you use it with an extension cab? Which one?