Got my Yamaha RBX today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r2k, Jan 26, 2002.

1. ..And it's okay, in fact it would be great except for all the fret buzz!!:mad:

Yep, the moment I played it, I noticed that all frets from the first the the seventh buzzed more than my former, terrible Fender Replica!!!

I am so f**king dissappointed, 'cause if it wasn't there, it would be one of the best basses I have ever played.

What can I do about the buzz:confused: ? If I can't get it fixed, I'm gonnan try to return it, and I don't want to!!
  2. Adjust the truss rod, maybe higher action will get rid of the buzz.
  3. Yeah man, just adjust the truss rod, and I think you'll find that the fret buzz disappears. I had the same thing when i bought my Ibanez. The place I bought it from didn't have it setup to well, so it was buzzing in the exact same locations as yours. You just need to adjust the setup slightly so that the strings get raised a bit further off the fretboard.
  4. technique, luke.. use the technique !

and welcome to the dark side b.t.w. :D
  5. Okay, I got the truss-rod adjusted, and it works fine now. I took it to band practce yesterday, and I was shocked... the active electronics cut through the guitars and drums like I could never basses rule...period.:D
  6. APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    But Jaco never needed active pick-ups!
  7. Jaco with 5 stringer
    and if u got the new BP, theres a whole little bit on his 5 string accoutic bass

"Suck ma balls Mr Garrison"!

8. You're right, I will alter my signature.
    Suppose I'm just angry 'cos I can't afford a 5 after getting my new bass.

The bass Jaco plays on the picture is in fact a DAnish handbuilt bass called a Mørch. My teacher owns one, and they're still in production.

Go to: