Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got myself a new rig!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's not much, but it's mine! I have a Hughes & Kettner Basskick 707 head with a Hughes & Kettner BR115 cab. I'll post pix when I can. Anyone with any experience with Hughes & Kettner? This is my first.

2. I am not up on that one, but congrats anyways. :) I always dig new toys! :D

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    It has a cool feature called a "Sound Matrix" that gives you about 4 different tones. Very nice.

4. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I've played through a Hughes and Kettner 1x15 combo on many occasions. It was a very nice amp, I really liked the Matrix control. Very loud for a 1x15 combo! This was probably due to its tiltback design. All in all, I liked my Hughes and Kettner experience. I think they are known more for their guitar amps than bass amps, but both are quite nice.

5. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Is this the replacement for your Redhead ?

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Yes and no. I didn't trade for it. I went ahead and bought it.

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Did you get it from Galaxy Music? I saw that they had an H&K in there last weekend. I almost bought it just to buy it, but then my girlfriend would have killed me just to kill me... :meh: :D

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I saved your girlfriend a murder trial! :D

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Ah, another satisfied H&K owner....like Reginald! ;)

[​IMG]

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    This thing is really nice! I just finished playing along to "My Forbiddened Lover" by Chic with my MIJ '75 RI, and this setup sounds really nice! I think I'm going to go back and get the H&K 4x10 cab! The "sound matrix" feature is a good thing to have. Setting #2 gives you a great Larry Graham type slap tone!