1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got one of my photos feature in a local music exhibit!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lomer, May 21, 2011.

1. lomer

lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Gday everyone - got a photo in the local Music Industry Awards and I need all the votes I can get if I'm gonna have a shot at winning! There's a great selection of photos on show so even if you can't be bothered voting it's worth a look!

5689516037_b001bdcb3d_z.

If you want to vote all you need to do is "Like" the WAM page then "Like" my photo to lock in your vote!

Thanks in advance!

2. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    That is one bad ass picture. You got my vote as soon as I can log on.

3. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Holy crap that is a lucky shot! So awesome. Was that frame-pull from video or a snap? Either way, really really excellent.

4. that makes me wanna grow dreds again

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1. Me too. Great shot. I'm to go vote for it.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Awesome pic. Were you shooting in burst mode?

bc

7. my hair grows up, fro style.. gets about 4-6 inches long and i give up..

and +1 on going to vote for that pic...

8. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Dude that is super bad ass looking!

That Stingray is really awesome looking to!

9. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    I wish I looked decent with long hair, I always wanted dreads and a beard, if that picture doesn't say metal I don;t know what does, I despise facebook but good luck.

10. they're really hating on him on facebook saying hes pandering for votes.. truth is its the best damn picture on there whether you consider his informing forums of it being up for a vote tactful or not. although the one of the dude standing on his upright bass is pretty awesome too. good luck man.

11. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Great pic!

I was able to like the first link... I cant seem to like the photo though...

12. lomer

lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Cheers for the kind words guys! In response to your questions it was shot on a 5D, single shot mode - got lucky :)

I noticed the "pandering" comments as well but to be fair everyone is doing the same thing, they just waited a lot longer to get onto it whereas I started my campaign the second the photos were uploaded, such is life I guess!

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    FYI - I had to like a different WAM page before I could like this photo.

bc

14. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    that is a great shot.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Lomer - if you have other shots like this you should post some to the TB photography thread. Maybe you did and I forgot. If so then sorry!

bc

16. lomer

lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Yeah i've been shooting for a few years now so I've got heaps of shots, i'll pick out some good ones and post em up!