Got some extra money

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jtd125, Jul 23, 2002.

1. jtd125

Mar 16, 2002
    Agoura Hillis, CA
    Hello every one. i got $300 and i want to get some effects. is this enough money to get quality chours, flange, overdrive (or distortion), and a wah. or should i save the money. thanks for the help.
  2. The Spankster uses and recommends:

BOSS CEB-3 bass chorus $70
    BOSS PW-10 wah w/selectable dist $150

These prices are a sort of par for what's been spotted in print and online. It doesn't blow your whole budget, but it's the best FX for what you mention and still leaves room for power supplies, shipping and a little spending cash for ya.
    Of course, for the most bang for the buck, you could also go this way:

BOSS BF-3 Flanger $110
    Morley Dual Bass Wah $100
    BOSS ODB-3 bass overdrive $75

Take into account that shipping may be involved with prices like this, unless you live near a Guitar Center or major dealer.
  3. Heres my choices
    these prices are what you SHOULD pay... or atleast what I payed for these effects

Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah: 90
    Fulltone Bass Drive: 150 (2 overdrives in one)
    Boss CEB-3 Chorus: 55
    That leaves five bucks for some cords to link em together (my local GC gave me some for free when I asked)
  4. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

I agree, buy the Fulltone. Hey, what do you know, I have one for sale!! Only $100.00!! Buy now!!
  5. Boss PS-5 pitch-shifter + Boss ODB-3

all a man ( or woman ) needs ! :D
  6. jtd125

Mar 16, 2002
    Agoura Hillis, CA
    thanks everyone. but (there is a but) i heard that overdrive is boosting the gain so your preamp overdrives. for me thats bad. i have a bassman 200 and i dont like that sound. its really bad. so instead what would be a good distortion pedal?

7. jtd125

Mar 16, 2002
    Agoura Hillis, CA
    Corrections to the last post.

Preamp clip not overdrives
  8. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    An Overdrive PEDAL gives the effect of an overdriven preamp,, it doesnt actually send a stronger signal to your head,, it just sends the sound to it. A distortion pedal/overdrive pedal are the same thing,, except some companies make the distinction of distortion being a little more crunchier.