got some new toys for Christmas

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by learning_towalk, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Craftsman 2 hp 9.5 amp Plunge Router Combo Kit model #17533

Craftsman 10 in. Table Saw with Dust Collection System model #24884

some craftsman bits

(can you tell that my family likes craftsman?)

and with me getting some other tools for my birthday (sabre saw,jig saw, drill, a couple sanders,etc) I just need a drill press,rasps,plane,spokeshave,wood and some practice with the new tools and I'll be ready to give it the good ol' college try

merry Christmas guys and may God bless you and your family this season
  2. I got a Dremel 400 XPR and a Ryobi 2 HP plunge router with some nice Freud bits. Overall a good day.
  3. teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    I got a bunch of clothes, $65 in gift certificates to my local/favorite sound shop, and a bunch of money, which I'll probably put toward a Delta 10" drill press and a spokeshave. Small, yes, but I only have a 3x5-foot space to work in. My little brother got me this uber-cool hand-carved Aboriginal figure of a guy playing a bass. I'll take a pic and set it as my avatar.
  4. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    No tools but my parents as a Christmas present are taking my wife and I on a 2 week cruise from Singapore to Australia amazing!
  5. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I got a handful of gouges from Lee Valley and a book on sharpening hand tools. Some bigger tools would be great, but they're hard to fit in the overhead compartment on the airplane. Of course, I still picked up a junker guitar that I'll dismantle and fit into my luggage for the trip home.

6. I finally got a replacement for my old 12v cordless drill - a big 18v Ryobi combo set with the top line drill, a sabersaw, circular saw, flashlight, charger and a huge logo duffel.

And 2 Home Depot gift cards!
  7. Luke Sheridan

Luke Sheridan Commercial User

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I build guitars and sell them. Strings, too
    I got a Ryobi belt sander, 13" planer, a StewMac fretting hammer and fret nippers, 12" radius block, HipShot Ultralights and a Korg 2000 tuner.