Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got something to do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SheepHerder7898, May 17, 2003.

1. I am really bored at the moment and want to create something. For some reason I just want to make something. Anyone have any ideas for small projects I can do with stuff around the house?

Man I need to get out more

2. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    uh.......get some really powerful epoxy, and some junk, and glue it all together into some sort of sculpture, and plug lightbulbs into it and hang it from the ceiling! a wonderful home-made chandelier! its a good thing.

3. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    build me a guitar. Or make me some money. brew a simple beer or wine.

4. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Get all your decks of cards and build big structures on a flat surface. Seriously,it's more fun than you might think

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  6. blow something up...

*eyes Anders guitar*

:ninja:

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  8. thanks for the suggestions, I'll come back to this thread whenever I'm bored. Hmmmm an archive of stuff to do, thats a good idea for a website....

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    HAHA SOMEBODY ALREADY STOLE YOUR IDEA!!

www.bored.com

10. haha yeah I've been there, but their stuff isn't that fun anyways. So :spit: :D

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  12. well when I get to this point of boredom, I've been playing bass for a couple hours usually. I have found something that is quite entertaining after I play bass, mowing the grass. A riding lawn mower is almost as good as a go-cart sometimes.:D

13. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    (cartman voice on) .....get your fat ass into the kitchen and make me some pie... (cartmen voice off).

Next time you get the urge to do something physical, or anything that resembles exercise, lie down till it passes ok.

14. Find empty film canister. Fill it 1/4 black powder, 1/4 PicciloPete powder, and 1/2 Ammonium Perchlorate (powdered, no stick form)

Cap it, and create a detonator by dis-assembling a Hells-a-Poppin (Small green ball that crackles)
    Take the small black balls, and wrap them up tightlyin a piece of tissue paper. Punch a hole is the top of the film can, and force the detonator through. Place a fuse in the end, and duct-tape it like mad. Make sure that you and anyother living being are WELL AWAY when you ignite this. It's powerful. Not a full stick of dynamite or anything, but it will blow holes in asphalt, or rip a 4x4 apart. DO NOT HOLD IN YOUR HAND!!!!! You won't have a hand anymore. Or most of your fore-arm, either. Also, consult your local laws. It may be jail time for you if caught.

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

thanks dave! :D

16. see this could have been usefull last night BEFORE i started widdling a new mic stand with an exacto knife:meh: