Got SRX?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gaetano Paul, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    This is a spot for Ibanez SRX owners to come and post there pixs and share about there basses. I would call it "the SRX club" but I am not sure how to start a club? Anyway here is a pic of my SRX705

Attached Files:

2. vince a

vince a

Jun 13, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I have one . . . trying to get used to the flat 16 inch radius neck . . . after playing a Jazz and P for so many years, which both have a 9.5 radius.

Have D'addario Chrome flats on it along with Bartolini MK5 pickups and an active Glockenklang 2 pickup/4 knob onboard pre-amp. It now sounds entirely different than it did with the stock humbuckers! Still original in pic!

These are exceptional Ibanez basses without the pencil-neck thin necks usually on Ibanez basses. It's neck-through too!

P1010159.jpg

Cat Davis likes this.
  3. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    Did you have any trouble getting the pups to fit? I really like the stock pups and eqs, but it would be nice to know of other pups that would fit.....

4. Gaetano_Paul - you just started a club! Just start handing out numbers!:D

I am about to pull the trigger on an SRX475 in Titanium Grey - I love the look and the fretboard/string spacing is wider - to my liking. I can't play the typical SR's with the tight spacing as happily.

5. I'm in! Heres my SRX650 converted passive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    Nice 5string5fingers! That bridge is shining, SWEET! The gold looks beautiful as well. So did u replace the electronics? Must have had to get some special pots for those smoking pups, no?

7. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    Bro I have never even been in a club? I would love to but, uh???? Would you start me up? Like hand out numbers???? uh, if you hand out the first ones I'll see by ex. and pick up and take over? thanks bro.

8. Nah,I just took 250K pots out of an old ESP I have and put them in there. They work great.

And for example, Vince would be #1 Gus would be 2 if already has the bass I would be 3 unless gus hasn't gotten the bass yet then I would be #2 etc.

9. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    SrX club
    Vince a #1
    Gus1894 #2
    Guy Paul #3

10. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    5string5fingers #4

11. Nice-there you go. I will be ordering the bass tomorrow so technically, I don't have the SRX yet. I will let you know when I do and then you can hit me w/ a number.

Now you can have people PM you for a number - threads get fairly post-heavy and you may miss somebody, so PM means you don't. Then every once in a while, you do a "Number update and we can all see how big the club is growing.

And of course, the standard TB rule applies - "No pics, no bass.":smug:

12. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    Gaetano Paul #3

13. shamrok3

shamrok3

Jan 13, 2010
    Australia
    Lovin' yours 5Fingers! Makes me consider Ibanez now... Just for me, what sort of price difference between say, a Fender/Squier Jazz V and an SRX? I can only seem to find SRs at the local store...

14. Fender Jazz Deluxe 5(I only say deluxe because it's active like the ibanez) is a little more expensive than an SRX705. Squier is obviously going to be cheaper. Check for them used online thats what I did. SRX650 I have is a discontinued model originally like 600 dollars and i got it for 269 used. Used Ibanez's are a great deal.

15. Nobody

Nobody Inactive

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    Here's my two. :bassist::D

Attached Files:

OOD likes this.
  16. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    Nobody #5

Nice SRX's. What models are they?

17. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    Here's my 590, pics a little blurry tho:

100_0153.jpg

Number, please!:)

Allan Carroll likes this.
  18. Nobody

Nobody Inactive

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    Mine are an SRX400 (top) and an SRX300 (bottom). The SRX400 has a volume and a boost only bass control, like the opposite of a passive tone control. It sounds huge!

OOD likes this.
  19. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    THand #6

Nice finish on that one, really reminds me of the grey 695. Its beautiful.

20. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    SRX590 and I use it on stage battle scared punk bass
    [​IMG]

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021