Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got stiffed on an Epifani.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brad Johnson, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Found a nice deal on an Epifani 310 cab, confirmed the price and that it was to be sold to me. Made arrangements to drive about 1.5 hours to pick it up today at 11. He had offered to meet me halfway Saturday then had to reschedule to Monday. I told him no problem and offered to drive the entire way, saving him the trip. So far so good, seemed like a standup guy.

Got a call from my attorney over the weekend while I was out of town, had to go to his office this morning so I called the seller to try to set up a later time to meet. After I left my attorney's office I get a call. The seller took the cab to band practice, it sounded so good his band told him he had to keep it. He had replaced it with a Bergantino.

He says he's decided to keep it (and the Bergantino) despite having agreed to sell it to me. That if he had been unable to catch me before I got there he would have sold it to me. He did offer to sell me an older 210 which I didn't want. I told him I didn't know what to say and left it at that.

Frankly I'm pretty tired of people not keeping their word. Second time this year and in both cases it didn't seem to bother them that they reneged on a deal. Probably got a better offer. If anyone happens to buy one from Richmond, VA... congrats.

Just wanted to mini-vent.

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    What do you expect from a guy that lets his band pick his cab:D

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Good vent, Brad. Lost a bass the same way around Christmas. All you can do is shake your head and move on. Another will pop up.
    Doc

4. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    True, guys... too true;)

I won't lose any sleep over it.

5. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    just tell yourself
    "i already own really,really good cabs"

myself, ive had some good epifani experiences lately. the guy that put up the 410 for 625 up on bassgear didnt sell it and put it up on ebay with a 600 buy it now. i tried, but i couldnt resist. should be here by the end of the week. good for me that people are on the small cab kick right now because i was about to order a new one from one of the 2 big bass dealers for double that.

if you havent already, check out the newer style 210 cab. they put out a lot of sound for how small they are. i was suprised at how much deeper dimension wise my eden cab was. with the handle on top its an easy carry.

6. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    ARRRGH!!!
    I was 5 minutes away from buying that cab when you snatched it from me!
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Is this karma getting back at me for buying that eden 2x10 for $300? What am I supposed to do, WORK to save up enough money to buy cabs? Bah.

7. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    At least you took it in stride. ;)

I agree, Brad. Then again, nothing irks ME more than expending your own time to tell someone about something you're selling only to never have them reply. If nothing else, it's curtious just to reply that it's not your thing. I've had quite a few TBers and otherwise do that, and I feel as though I'm completely wasting my time. Gggrrr.

Sucks about the Epifani, but you've never seemed to have any sortage of luck, so it'll all work out in the end. Always does, does it not?:)

8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Absolutely. It's just that I like to believe that someone's word still means something. Mine does.

I know, that's pretty naive;)