1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got the Bassman 250/210... you'll kill me when you hear the price

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scurrier, Mar 18, 2009.

1. scurrier

scurrier

Mar 7, 2009
    $200! WOOT! Time to sell the Crate BX-100 I bought a week ago.

....or maybe slave the BX-100 to the Fender....

attachment.

Attached Files:

2. Gallant Reflex

Gallant Reflex

Dec 1, 2007
    Nice...
    I've been looking at the 250/115...I think it will do me better than the 210.

3. scurrier

scurrier

Mar 7, 2009
    I'm definitely a fan of this one so far. Having two adjustable frequency mid range eq knobs really helps with the tone. I was having fun just messing around with them.

4. ShawnStones

ShawnStones

Nov 24, 2008
    Rockford,Il
    Nice!

5. kingpin2512

kingpin2512

Aug 9, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Whats that thing next to it! jk Very nice.

6. Yeah I'd prefer a single 15 too but for the price he paid, I'd make the concession!

7. scurrier

scurrier

Mar 7, 2009
    Yeah I couldn't believe that I got it for that much. I was like, well damn, I bought an amp a week ago and here's this. Well, might as well buy it at least and sell it for a profit. I think I like it too much to do that, though.

8. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    The 15? Nah - that thing is perfect to put a 15 under. Good score.

KO

9. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Great score. I played through another guy's 250/210 once on stage, and was really impressed. Screaming price.

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have the 150/112 model, and it's one piece of gear that I'll never sell.

I've played through the 250/210 model several times at my local store, and it's a killer amp, too, IMHO. Nice score!!

11. scurrier

scurrier

Mar 7, 2009
    I'll try it with the BX-100 (15 inch driver) under it tomorrow. Don't want to wake the neighbors tonight. Well, I want to wake them, but I won't.

12. scurrier

scurrier

Mar 7, 2009
    So I tried it out by hooking up the effects send on the Fender to both the input and the effects return on the Crate. It sounded like total crap and was humming pretty good too. I tried the ground lift switch but that didn't help. It didn't help that I was trying to be not overly loud. Verdict= weak

13. jbassbob

jbassbob

Mar 21, 2005
    Boise ID
    Great amp! I really love mine. Thought I got a good deal at 340.00. Word of caution though, you can't add an extension cabinet. It's already maxed out at 4ohm's with the internal speakers. you can disconnect the internals and run two 8ohm speakers but that kind of defeats the whole combo thing. Enjoy!

14. nme0014

nme0014

Apr 7, 2009
    i just bought a fender bassman 100 (older one, 15" speaker) for a measly $95! It's in practically new condition, this guy just diddnt use it, and i'll admit, its not mind blowing compared to my GK 4x10 setup, but as a more logical amp its great!

As for tone, i havent messed with it too much, but with my fender jag it sounds good, lots of versatility.... highly recommended amp:)