Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got the Brothers Johnson DVD!!!!Louis!!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    with my favorite bass player Louis "Thunder Thumbs" Johnson in raw form. He's got a strange bass in there, it looks like a Pensa Suhr with two j pickups set up like a wawick thumb, the lower part of the j-style body is scooped out and the bass has gloss black finish with no visble controls. The DVD featurs some great bass solo's also.

2. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    what dvd is this?

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    The DVD is called The brothers Johnson "Strawberry Letter 23" live from oakland California, it's from 2003.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I was disapointed in the DVD, it seemed like they had a pickup band behind them. I also thought the sound quality kinda sucked :bag:

5. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

Oh, sure.....Wait until after I order it and spend real money to tell me it sux. I'm officially writing you out of my will :spit:

Just kidding, Jerry. But I did order it and I'm waiting for it to arrive.

Peace,

James

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Dvd talk = recordings.

7. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Has it arrived yet?

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Got here a few days ago. I haven't watched it yet, but will probably watch it within the next couple days. I'm training a new puppy, plus I have "Hotel Rwanda", "Alien v Predator", an Incognito concert, and an Isreal & The New Breed concert on my DVD queue for this week.

Peace,

James

9. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Sounds like you've got it all planned out! :)

Please let us know what you think of the DVD once you have a chance to check it out.

Thanks!