Got the Schecter Stiletto Elite 5!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by midnight, Mar 29, 2001.

1. I posted earlier asking for suggestions re the Schecter Elite 5 vs Spector vs Conklin GT-5. Though the general opinion was to avoid the Schecter, I just had to give it a try. I don't have the luxury of a decent music store within an hours drive or so to try out a bass before buying. I figured I would order through Musician's Friend, which offers a very flexible return policy. (That and 6 months same as cash!). So, I decided I would give the Schecter a try. I can't say how glad I am that I did. I have written a very quick review of this bass, so I will just post the link. You can also link to my other relatively new toy: my Nemesis NC-212P.

Summed up: I like this bass. Alot. It fits my hand well, plays great and has a super tone. Perhaps the B could come through a bit better, but it sounds solid, overall. YMMV! Also, NFI in Musicians Friend.

2. Hey Midnight, congratulations. Nice bass, nice color,
    nice review. I'm starting to think of a five string, and this is one I'm considering. I like how the body's
    shape is balanced. The other basses I'm considering are: Ibanez SR885 and The Yamaha RXB 465A. The thing I especially like is the 35" scale. When you get a chance, write a long review. I trust the people here much more than any magazine or Company ad.

Enjoy it, man!

Mike J.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Very nice looking bass. Congrats!!!!
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice bass! Congratulations on your new purchase.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Cool bass! If it plays as good as it looks, you got yourself a keeper.
  6. Thanks for the congrats. It's always great to get new gear.

I took this bass on vacaction to see family in Texas over the weekend. I got in a pretty good jam session and am becoming more and more happy with this bass. I am becoming quite used to the action and already seem to be playing as well as my BB1200s that I've been playing on over the past several years.

7. Midnight, I don't want to rush you, but now that you've jammed with it, where's that review?

Just kidding. I am interested to hear what it sounds like. I read it has two band E.Q. How are the mids?
    I'm afraid if the review is too good I'll buy one.

Talk later,
    Mike J.
  8. Nice bass brother!!!That color is sweeeet!!
    Lucky dawg! :)
  9. Bassr64

Feb 9, 2001