Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got The Time- What Effect Was Used?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kelly Lee, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I'm trying to find out what effect Frank Bello used in the song "Got The Time" on Anthrax's Persistance Of Time album. Its in the bass solo. Anybody know?

2. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Man, I haven't heard that song in over 10 years :rolleyes:
    I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight. Sorry I can't be of help right now.

3. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Thanks man. My band is needing another cover and this is a song that would fit with our sound pretty good. I can play it without the effect, I just wanted to make it sound close.

4. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    OK, its been awhile. Anybody have an idea what he used? I really would like to make the solo sound as close to Frank's sound.

5. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    A very light amount of chorus maybe? There's not a heavy amount of any effect as far as I can tell. He does have a killer tone though.

Graeme

6. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I always thought it was chorus, too. And lots of treble.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I know you want to sound like the Anthrax version, just make sure that if you tell the audience it's a cover... you say it's a Joe Jackson cover, because that's who originally did it.

8. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Matt, most people I know have no clue who Joe Jackson is. :meh: Yea they would recognize his music maybe but not him.

On telling people its a cover, I just tell people its a "cover of a cover" :p

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :D Yeah, I've done covers of covers myself :D

Sorry, it's just a Pet Peeve of mine. Whenever my old cover band would do Voodoo Chile, the singer would announce to the audience, "There was a little Stevie Ray Vaughn for ya" or something of that nature. Or "That Aerosmith Song, 'Come Together' or 'I'm Down'"